West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has issued a recruitment notification for the post of Constable under special recruitment drive for ST Candidates. So, Applications on prescribed form are invited from ST candidates for filling up 1000 Posts of Constable in West Bengal Police (WB Police) in pay scale of Rs.5400 to 25200. Out of 1000 Posts, 700 Posts are for Paschim Medinipore, Bankura & Purulia and 300 Posts are for Darjeeling District.
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria, required qualifications, Physical Standard for the post of Constable in West Bengal Police (WB Police) may apply in prescribed application format and send their applications to the Chairman of West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) on or before 10/02/2012. Other essential details about this Vacancy in West Bengal Police (WB Police) can be seen in next given paragraphs
Recruitment Details of Constable in West Bengal Police (WB Police)
Post Name: Constable (ST)
No. of Vacancy- 1000 Post (700 Posts are for Paschim Medinipore, Bankura, Purulia and 300 Posts are for Darjeeling District). 10% Posts of whole vacancies are reserved for ST Women Candidates. ST Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given reservation as per order issued by Govt.
Scale of Pay:
Selected candidates on the post of Constable in West Bengal Police (WB Police) will be put in the pay scale of Rs.5400 to 25200 + Rs.2600 GP (Pay Band-2) with usual allowance
Eligibility Criteria for Constable post in West Bengal Police (WB Police):
Domicile candidates must be permanent residents of any of the mentioned districts
Age Limit: Age of the candidates should not be more than 32 years and less than 18 years as on 01/01/2011. Ex-Servicemen will be given relaxation in age as per existing Govt. rule
Qualifications: Class 10th Passed from West Bengal Board of Secondary Education is the minimum qualifications equivalent qualifications recognized by Central / State Govt.
Physical Standard for Constable Post in West Bengal Police (WB Police):
• For Male Constable: – Height of the candidates for post of constable in WB Police should be 160 cms and chest should be 76 cms to 81 cms with expansion
• For Female Constable: Height of the female candidates for this post should not be less than 152 cms,
• Weight for Male & Female Constable: Weight of the male and female candidates for post of constable in WB Police should be Proportionate to height and age as per medical standard
Selection on the post of constable in West Bengal Police (WB Police) will be made on the basis of Physical Measurement, Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Written Test, Interview, Medical Test and Finally Document Verification.
PMT & PET: – Special Recruitment Board of WB Police will call the eligible candidates for Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and then Physical Efficiency Test (PET). In Physical Efficiency test, Male candidates will have to complete a race of 1600 Meters in 6.30 Minutes and 400 Meters race in 2 Minutes case of Female Candidates
Written Test: – Those candidates who qualify in PMT and PET will be called for written test which will be organized by West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WB Police). The written test will be objective type of 90 Marks which will be based on General Knowledge, General Awareness and Elementary Mathematics. Language of the test papers will be in English, Hindi, Nepali and Bengali. There will be negating marking in this test, so candidates should be careful while answering the questions
Interview: – Only those candidates will be called for interview, who qualify in written test with required marks which have been fixed by West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WB Police). The Interview will be conducted by Special Recruitment Boards of WB Police
Medical Test: Final selection of the candidates will be made after medical examination which will be taken at State Govt. Hospital. Candidates, for the post of constable, must be physically as well as mentally fit. They should not have any physical Problems that interferes the performance of duties.
How to apply:
1. Eligible candidates applying for the post of constable in West Bengal Police (WB Police) are required to send their application in prescribed application format which can be obtained from the offices of Superintendent of Police of four Districts which has been mentioned above. Distribution of the application form will start from 10/01/2012 to 05/02/2012
2. Candidates are required to obtain prescribed application form, fill up with proper details, affix a passport size photograph on the application form and send with two extra passport size photograph, copies of supporting documents (in a small envelop) to “The Chairman, West Bengal Police Recruitment Board, Araksha Bhavan, Sector-II, Block –DJ, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091” on or before 10/02/2012
3. Cover of the application should be super scribed with the words “Application for the post of Constable (ST) in West Bengal Police-2011”
4. Application form can also be deposited by hand at the same address
For complete details such as age limit, pay scale, qualifications, selection procedure, physical standard, application form, how to apply, visit the given link
WB Police Constable Detailed Advertisement
Official Website of WB Police: http://policewb.gov.in