SASHASTRA SEEMA BAL (SSB)
Ministry of Home Affairs
Govt. of India
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) “Constable (Driver)” Recruitment May 2011
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Nationals for the recruitment of 649 Constable (Driver) for Sashastra Seema Bal. 30/06/2011 is the last date of receiving of application form ( 07/7/2011 for far flung area’s candidates) so, candidates are required to send their application for the same before the last date stipulated by the commission.
Name of the post: Constable (Driver)
Total no. of vacant posts is 649 (SC-217, ST-49, OBC-158, UR-225)
Pay Scale: Pay Band-I, Rs.5200 to 20200 +Rs.2000 GP with other allowances
18 to 28 years should be on 01/08/2011 (relaxation- 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC)
Minimum Educational qualifications of the candidates should be matriculation from recognized Board/University or equivalent to it
Hiight-170cms; Chest-80 to 85; weight proportional to height
Hiight-165cms; Chest-80 to 85; weight proportional to height (for Hill area’s candidates)
Hiight-162.5cms; Chest-76 to 81; weight proportional to height (for ST)
Eye Sight: Distant Vision-6/6 and 6/9 without wearing glasses
Selection will be made after completing following tests; Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test and finally Document verification.
- Candidates will have to pay application fees of Rs.50 (no fees for SC/ST and ex servicemen) in the form of Bank Draft in favour of “Accounts Officer, (SSB) O/O IG FTR HQ Patna Payable at SBI Patna 0152.
- Candidates can send application fees as IPO in favour of “Accounts Officer, (SSB) O/O IG FTR HQ Patna
Application should be sent by post in prescribe format in a super scribed envelop written, application for the post of …….to “The Inspector General, FTR HQ (SSB), Patna, Rukanpura House, Baily Road, Patna Bihar 800014
Candidates are required to enclose following documents with the application form;
- Passport size photograph (attested) pasted on the application form at the provided space
- Attested Xerox copies of necessary documents
- Two Envelopes of 4*9 inch and a Postage of Rs.6 should be affixed on it (envelope should be self addressed)
- 10% vacancies are reserved for Ex-servicemen
- Without giving any notice, the commission can increase or decrease the vacancies
- Although, the posts are temporary but may be permanent.
- Selected candidates can be posted anywhere
Official Website: http://ssb.nic.in