A. Aspirants who want to take up Engineering and Medical courses after their Board examination of class 12 may write the examination of SRMEEE, which is short form of SRM Engineering Entrance Exam. It is conducted by the SRM University situated at Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu. The University is an autonomous university.
The University has set up a platform by conducting the SRM Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMEE) for the students who wants to take up Engineering / Technical / Architecture as their career.
The Institute offers both Graduate and Post Graduate Programs in the field of B. Tech, B. Arch, B Des., M. Tech, MCA, M.S. program.
Q. WHAT ARE THE COURSES OFFERED BY SRMEE?
- Bachelor of Technology (B Tech)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch)
- Master of Science(M.Sc)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Design (B. Des)
Q.WHO CAN APPLY?
- Applicant must have cleared class 12 examination, having the subject; Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Should have secured minimum 60% marks.
For B. Arch
- Applicants who want to join the B.Arch courses must have cleared their class 12 with Mathematics and English.
- Must have secured at least 60 percent marks in class 12.
The minimum mark needed to crack the examination of SRMEE is 40%.
|Subjects||Timings||No.of Questions||Marks||Negative Marks|
2 Hours 30 Mins.
|105||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.|
|0.7 marks for each wrong answer in Biology.|
HOW TO PREPARE FOR SRMEEE?
The most important thing is HARD WORK; there is no substitute of hard work and efforts to get success in any examination. There are certain rules to be followed:
- There must be a time table which should be followed every day.
- The applicant must not lose their confidence level.
- Managing time is most important mantra for getting success in any of the examination
- Each and every subject must be given equal priority.
- Each chapter should be known to the candidate in details so that not a single important point is left out.
- The subject which you feel tough should be taken care and must practice a lot.
- Applicant must remember that all these exams do have cut off marks in each subject as such the candidates must give equal importance to every subject.
- Maximum number of test papers, sample papers, question bank should be solved to get ease with all the subjects.
- Don’t do guess works in the examination hall as because this type of exams do have negative markings.
- Practice / Revision are the best thing which an examinee can do to get better or the best result.
Director (Admissions) SRM University, SRM Nagar Kattankulathur – 603203 Kancheepuram District, Tamilnadu, INDIA.
Phone No. +91-44-2745 2270
Date of SRMEE for 2012: 6th May , 2012
Official website of SRM University: http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/