Sikkim Manipal University has become one of the most important medium of proving or imparting education in the social society, it is serving the nation by imparting different types of professional as well as degree courses. Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Undergraduate Entrance Exam (SMIT UGET) is an engineering exam organized by Sikkim Manipal University. It provides entry in various engineering colleges under the affiliation of SMU.
The courses offered by the university are as follows:
The university provides number of degree courses with the number of seats available which are as follows: Computer Science Engineering: 120
Electronics & Communication Engineering: 120
Electrical and Electronics Engineering: 60
Information Technologies: 60
Mechanical Engineering: 60
Admission in Sikkim and Manipal University UGET is strictly based on your performance in the written examination.
Who can Apply? / Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Sikkim and Manipal University UGET:
- Applicants who complete class 12th having the subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biotechnology, and Biology can apply to appear in SMIT UGET.
- The minimum marks in class 12th for the General category is 50% and 45% for the SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates who have passed the diploma in the concerned branch of Engineering with at least 50% marks and are appearing final year exams are also eligible to apply.
What is the Exam Pattern? There will be total 240 multiple choice questions. The division among the Subject and questions will be as follows:
- Mathematics section – 80
- Physics – 60
- Chemistry – 60
- And 40 questions will be from General English & General Aptitude.
Total time for test will be of 2.30 hours and to solve of 240 questions. Nature of the questions will be multiple choice(MCQ) of the objective type.
Examination Centers The SMIT UGET exam will be conducted in Bangalore, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Bhopal, Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Lucknow, Pune, Siliguri, Silchar, SMIMS, Gangtok, SMIT, Rangpo, Patna, and Ranchi. How to Prepare?
- The First thing is to be confident in yourself. Don’t lose that confidence while preparing for the entrance exams even.
- Prepare a time table and follow it strictly. Don’t ignore it.
- Don’t get too involved with only books from different publications, but refer to NCERT books too.
- Don’t waste time and don’t stress yourself. Study in a balanced way and maintain a good friend circle who will guide you when you face doubts and also boost your morale.
- To crack big papers it is very important to be able to solve the paper completely. You might know all the questions but not been able to solve them is equivalent to not knowing them.
- The golden rule is practice a lot of sample papers and in the exams not to waste more time on a single question.
Coaching Institute for SMIT UGET:
Brilliant Tutorials: It is one of the dedicated and important institute with good faculty members; the institute provides remarkable coaching for SMIT UGET, or contact 12 Masilamani Street, T.Nagar, Chennai, India – 600 017 For more details you can visit www.brilliant-tutorials.com
Resonance: It has started with a vision for excellence in career education; the institute also offers excellent guidance for entrance coaching like SMIT UGET You can also write to them at contact@ resonance.ac.in
Aakash Institute: Aakash Institute is at the top in India by making more students successful in SMIT UGET exams. For further details, you can look into www.aakashinstitute.com
Details about the Application The application forms should be sent to the Director, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Majitar, Rangpo- 737132, Sikkim India. Candidates are required to mention the course applied for and marks obtained by the candidate on the envelope. Applicants who have downloaded the form need to send a DD of Rs. 1150/- (Rs. 750/-as examination fee and Rs. 400/- as prospectus fee). Others need to pay Rs. 750/- as examination fee.
SMIT UGET Entrance Date Schedule & Notification:
Sikkim Manipal University conducts SMIT UGET entrance exam in the month of April every year.