Union Public Service Commission
SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICES’ (SCRA) EXAMINATION 2012 Notification
Aspirants are invited in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA) Examination. This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The Entrance Exam will take place on 29 – 01 – 2012 for admission on total of 42 vacant seats. Applicants who will qualify the examination will have bright future. Details are as follow:
- Closing Date for Receipt of Applications : 21 – 11 – 2011 till 11:59 pm
- Date of Examination: 29 – 01 – 2012
Name of the Course– Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA)
Number of Vacancies -42
- The applicant must be between the age of 17 years and 21 years. It means an applicant should have born between 02 – 01 – 1991 and 01 – 01 – 1995.
- Applicants belonging to SC / ST category have upper age limit maximum of 5 years.
- OBC candidates have maximum of three years as upper age limit
- From 01 – 01 – 1980 to 31 – 12 – 1989, any applicant who domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir can avail maximum of 5 years of upper age limit
- Maximum three years for defence service personnel
- Five years for ECOs / SSCOs who have served five years in Military Service
- Applicants, who are blind, deaf, mute and orthopedically handicapped have ten years as maximum upper limit.
- For ex-serviceman maximum of five years
- Indian Citizen
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India with a thought of settling here permanently before 01 – 01 – 1962.
- Indian origin persons who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with a thought of settling in India permanently.
- Applicants who come under categories mentioned in point’s 2, 3, 4 and 5 should provide the relevant certificate issued by the Government of India.
- Applicant must have passed Intermediate with first or second division or an equivalent examination of a University or Board approved by Government of India
- Should have mathematics and at least any one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry
- Must have cleared first year examination under three year degree course or first examination of the three year diploma course in Rural Service of the National Council for Rural Higher Education or third year examination for promotion to the fourth year B.A / B.Sc Course of Madras University with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
- Must have passed in the 1st or 2nd division in the Pre Engineering Examination
- Must have cleared first year of the five year engineering course
- Must have cleared in the 1st or 2nd division the Pre Degree Examination of the Universities of Kerala and Calicut with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
- Must have cleared the Pre Professional / Pre Technological Examination of any Indian University or any recognized Board with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
Applicants have to be physically fit as per the standards of the Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA) Examination.
Payment of Fees
- Aspirants have to pay Rs 100 to any SBI Branch in cash or can pay by net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa / Master Credit / Debit Card.
- Female, SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee
- There is no exemption for OBC candidates. They have to pay the full amount.
How to Apply
- Aspirants who are eligible should only apply
- Candidates have to apply online
- Application form is available in the official website of of UPSC.
- Only one form is accepted from one applicant
- Candidates from Government Service or Private Employment have to submit their application form directly to the Commission.
- Instructions for filling up the form is given in the advertisement
For SCRA 2012 Notification Detail: Click here
For Applying online: click here