UP Board SSLC Sample Paper chemistry
Sample Paper – 2012
Subject – chemistry
i) Bromine water ii) HNO3 ii) HI
2. List the reactions of Glucose which cannot be explained by open chain structure.
3. Write two main functions of Carbohydrates in Plants.
4. What are Vitamins ? How are they classified ?
5. Mention the chief sources of Vitamin A and C.
6. Name the diseases caused due to lack of any three vitamins.
7.What are essential and non-essential amino-acids ? Give one example of each type.
8. Explain what is meant by- i) Peptide linkage ii) Glycosidic linkage
9. Name two water soluble vitamins,their sources and the diseases caused due to their deficiency in diet.
10. Name two fat soluble vitamins,their sources and the diseases caused due to their deficiency in diet.
11. Name the four bases present in DNA.Which one of these is not present in RNA ?
12. Define the following terms in relation to Proteins – i) Primary structure ii) Denaturing
13. Why are Carbohydrates generally optically active ?
14. Name the products obtained on complete hydrolysis of DNA.Write the structural differences between
DNA and RNA.
15. Amino acids may be acidic,basic or neutral.What makes it possible ?
16. What are essential and non-essential amino acids ? Name one of each type.