NIOS 11th Board 2012 Sample Paper Science
Sample Paper – 2012
Subject – Science
- What do you mean by the term ‘energy crisis’? Explain any two ways to overcome this.
- Give any two sources of energy you would recommend for our country.
- Explain four postulates ofDalton’s Atomic Theory. How can we proof this theory?
- How can differentiate between polar and geo – stationary orbits. Draw a suitable diagram of a satellite placed in polar orbit.
- Write any two differences between fertilizers and manures. Explain with two examples of each.
- What is generalized animal cell? Explain with a suitable diagram.
- What do you mean by genes? Where are genes located?
- How can we proof that criminals are identified by ‘DNA fingerprinting’?
- Which is non – biodegradable waste from the following: D.D.T., agricultural waste, sewage and radioactive waste?
- How can we differentiate between biodegradable and non – biodegradable.
- Define any two sources of soil pollution and state how do they cause this type of pollution.
- Define the energy flow in an ecosystem with a suitable simple food chain.
- Explain with a suitable example that energy flow in biosphere is unidirectional.
- What is the main ore of Aluminium? What is its formula?
- Explain the method employed for the concentration of above named ore.
- Write the two names of hormones which is secreted by pancreas. Define one function of each hormone named.
- Explain about the role of control rods and coolant in a nuclear reactor.
- How can we differentiate between following?
- Inexhaustible and exhaustible
- Renewable and non – renewable