Section – A
- What is cholesterol?
- What are harmons? Give two Examples?
- What are analgesics? Give two examples?
- What are antacids? Give two examples?
- What is PHBV? How is it useful to a man?
- CUSO4 is paramagnetic while Zn SO4 is diamagnetic. Explain in terms of the dectron configuration.
- What is Gibb’s energy
- What is Entropy
- What is Willimson’s synthesis
- What is Diazotization reaction? Give equation
Section – B
II Short answer type questions 6X4=24
11. Explain Werner’s theory using suitable example.
12. What are the difference between physical and chemical adsorption
13. Define PH? Find the PH of 10-m HCL solution.
14. How superphosphate of lime is prepared?
15…..Write short note on each of the following
a. Calcinations b. Roasting
16. State Faradays’ Law of Electrolysis
17. Define and explain Raoult’s law. How is useful in determining the molecular weight of a non-volatile solute
18. Write a short note on
a. Schlocky effect b. Frankel effect
Section – C
III (i) Long answer type question 2X8=16
(ii) Answer any two
19. a. How is ozone prepared in Brodies Method.
b. Describe why law-Gray method for the preparation of F2
20. a. Explain the preparrion of Ethyl alcohol from starch
b. What happens when Ethyl alcohol reacts with
1. Metallic sodium 2. Acetic acid
3. CH3 Mg Br 4. Conc. H2SO4 at 170 c
21. State and explain le chatelier’s principle. Apply it for Haber’s process
N2O + 3H2 (g) 2NH3 (g) triangle
H = -92.0k
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion