Section – A
- What is cholesterol?
- What are harmons? Give two Examples?
- What are analgesics? Give two examples?
- What are antacids? Give two examples?
- What is PHBV? How is it useful to a man?
- CUSO4 is paramagnetic while Zn SO4 is diamagnetic. Explain in terms of the dectron configuration.
- What is Gibb’s energy
- What is Entropy
- What is Willimson’s synthesis
- What is Diazotization reaction? Give equation
Section – B
II Short answer type questions 6X4=24
11. Explain Werner’s theory using suitable example.
12. What are the difference between physical and chemical adsorption
13. Define PH? Find the PH of 10-m HCL solution.
14. How superphosphate of lime is prepared?
15…..Write short note on each of the following
a. Calcinations b. Roasting
16. State Faradays’ Law of Electrolysis
17. Define and explain Raoult’s law. How is useful in determining the molecular weight of a non-volatile solute
18. Write a short note on
a. Schlocky effect b. Frankel effect
Section – C
III (i) Long answer type question 2X8=16
(ii) Answer any two
19. a. How is ozone prepared in Brodies Method.
b. Describe why law-Gray method for the preparation of F2
20. a. Explain the preparrion of Ethyl alcohol from starch
b. What happens when Ethyl alcohol reacts with
1. Metallic sodium 2. Acetic acid
3. CH3 Mg Br 4. Conc. H2SO4 at 170 c
21. State and explain le chatelier’s principle. Apply it for Haber’s process
N2O + 3H2 (g) 2NH3 (g) triangle
H = -92.0k