Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Sample Paper – 2012
Class – X
Subject – Science
Topic – Chemical reactions and equations, electricity
1. What are oxidizing agents?
2. Give the formula of rust?
3. What type of reaction is 2K + CI 2KCI
4. What is SI unit of resistivity ?
5. Write the relationship among V,I and R ?
6. How is ammeter connected in a circuit ?
7. What are the advantages of connecting electrical devices in parallel whit the battery instead of connecting them in series ?
8. On what factors does the resistance of a conductor depend ?
9. Why are coils of electric toasters and electric irons are made of an alloy rather than a pure metal ?
10. Why should a magnesium ribbon be cleaned burning in air ?
11. A solution of a substance ‘ X ‘ is used for white washing.
(1) Name the substance ‘ X ‘ and write its formula.
(2) Write the reaction of the substance ‘ X ‘ named in (i) above with water.
12. Explain your view about the resistance in series.
13. Why we say combination is opposite of decomposition reaction? Explain with suitable example.
14. What is difference between displacement and double displacement reaction.
15. Calculate the equivalent resistance between A and B.
16. Can oxidation and reduction takes place alone. Explain with suitable examples.
17. (A)Mention the balanced equation for following:
(a) Liquid hydrogen peroxide decomposes to form water and oxygen gas.
(b) Sodium hydroxide reacts with sulphuric acid to form sodium sulphate and water
(c) Zinc metal reacts with aqueous hydrochloric acid to produce a solution of zinc chloride and hydrogen gas
(B) What is rancidity? Write the methods to prevent it.
18. (a) State and explain ohm’s law.
(b) What is power? Write its SI unit.
(c) State joules law of heating.
19.’Ampere’ is Si unit of :
(a) charge (b) current (c)potential (d) power
20.Instrument used to maintain constant potential difference is:
(a) ammeter (b) voltmeter (c) rheostat (d) battery
21. Loss of hydrogen and gain of oxygen is called:
(a0 oxidation (b)reduction (c) corrosion (d) none of these
22.Which of the following metal is protected by a layer of its oxide?
(a) copper (b) silver (c) iron (d) aluminium
23.Volt/ampere represents :
(a) ohm 9b) watt (c) ampere (d) volt
24.volt x ampere represents:
9a) ohm (b) watt (c)volt (d)ampere
25. Which of the following relation is not correct:
(a) P = VI (b) I = V/R (c) R = VI (d) P = IR
26. For which option Resistance is low:
(a) metals (b) non metals (c) alloys (d) none of these
27.Decomposition AgBr generally requires :
(a) thermal energy (b) light energy (c) electric energy (d)none of these
More Govt Jobs given below
Staff Selection Commission
Combined Graduate Level Exam
Subject – General English
Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word.
A two party (1) is must for a democratic country like (2) to achieve national objectives (3) as removal (4) unemployment,
MODEL PRACTICE SET
Subject- General English
Combined Graduate level Examination SSC 2011
Directions (1-10): A passage is given below in which blanks have been numbered. Four alternative choices are given below against each number. In the context of the whole passage, select the best word in each case to fit each of the blanks to complete the passage correctly and meaningfully.
During the World War I penicillin was (1) on six patients.
BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER (BANK PO)
1. Which country will introduce entrepreneur visa to encourage foreign nationals from India and elsewhere to catalyze the country’s economic recovery?
(a) US (b) Britain
(c) France (d) Denmark
(e) None of these
2. Name the state whose chief minister has said that the Armed Forces Special Powers Act can be withdrawn from some areas with a rider that the Army can step in again if the situation so warrants.
Bank Probationary Officer ( Bank PO)
1. Name the Karnataka minister who resigned in the wake of the Lokayukta police filing a first information report against him on irregularities related to allotment of land through the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB).
(a) Katta Subramanya Naidu (b) N Santosh Hegde
(c) Jagmohan Reddy (d) Roshan Baig
(e) None of these
NABARD Bank PO
1. Which of the following is rated the poorest region of the world?
(a) The Middle East (b) Asia
(c) Sub-Saharan Africa (d) Latin America
(e) None of these
2. Which of the following terms is not used in the world of economics/finance?
(a) Sinking Fund (b) Third World
(c) Open Door Policy (d) Devaluation
(e) Privilege Motion