Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC)
10th Board Sample Paper
Subject – Social Science
Total No. of Questions: 24 Full Marks: 80
Group – A (History)
- Write the two main types of heritage?
- At which place is the statue of Gomteshwar located?
- which types of Musical Instrument Sarangi belongs to? In which language Ramayana was composed by Balmiki?
4. Write a short note on colonial heritage.
5. Write a brief description on Indian Classical Music.
In the given outline map ofIndiashow the following temples.
i) Dilwara temple
ii) Kamakhya temple
6. What is conservation of lakes and tanks necessary?
What is the role of people in the preservation of heritage? Explain
Group – B (Geography)
7. How is soil formed?
8. What is railway so important now a day?
9. What do you mean by transport?
10. Why is the iron and steel industry located in peninsularIndiaonly?
11. Describe the method to control environmental degradation.
Distinguish between Natural gas and Bio – gas.
12. Describe replenish able ground water resources ofIndia.
- 13. Distinguish between Rabi and Kharif crops.
- a) Study the given outline map of India and identify the features represented by A, B, C and D and write their correct names on the marked place on the map.
b) On the given outline map ofIndiamark the following
i) Area of Black Soil
ii) Mountainous Soil (Arunachal Pradesh)
Group – C (Economic and Social Development)
16. When is the world consumers rights day celebrated?
17. Why is there a need to regulate prices?
18. Name any two types of economies.
19. Why was the national Minority commission been set up?
20.What is the meaning of non – alignment with reference toIndia’s foreign policy
Why is sustainable economic development necessary for economic growth?
Why is literacy essential for human development?
21. When has N.C.C been formed (started) ?
What are accidents due to Radiations?
22. What is the benefit by preparing map on disaster management?
What is the function of public Switch Telephone Network?
23. Give full forms of the following abbreviations:
MCC, NSCN, KNA, PWG, UNF, ATTF.
Describe six fundamental Rights.
24. How does the economic condition of people deteriorate during drought?
What is the meaning of Tsunami? What are Tsunami waves?