Q. What is RIMC Exam or Rashtriya Indian Military College Exam?
A. RIMC exam or Rashtriya Indian Military College Exam is an Entrance Examination which is conducted semi – annually. RIMC or Rashtriya Indian Military College is an Institution that comes under Category A establishment of the Indian Defense. The examination is held with a view to train Indian boys into for entry to the Defence Services. Interested applicants are always invited by the Institution. The admission is restricted to boys only. The admission will be done for class VIII only.
Q. What are the Eligibility Criteria for RIMC Exam or Rashtriya Indian Military College?
A. The Eligibility Conditions for RIMC Examination is listed below:
- Only boys’ applicants can apply
- Applicants should be between eleven and half years and thirteen years of age.
- Admissions will be done for standard I which is equivalent to class eight. Applicants should be in studying in class seven.
- Applicants should be medically fit according to the medical standards of the Institution.
Q. What is the Examination pattern of RIMC Exam or Rashtriya Indian Military College Exam?
A. The Examination Pattern of RIMC Exam or Rashtriya Indian Military College is furnished below –
- The RIMC Exam or Rashtriya Indian Military College Exam will have two sections – Written Examination and Oral (Viva Voce).
- The questions in the examination will be of standard seven
- Written Examination comprises of test papers in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- Applicants can appear for Mathematics test in English or Hindi.
- General Knowledge test paper can be answered in Hindi, English or any other regional languages.
- Minimum 50% marks in each subject is required to qualify the examination.
- Marks allotted to English are 125 marks, Mathematics is 200 marks and General Knowledge is 75 marks respectively.
- 50 marks are allotted to the Viva Voce.
Q. What are the reference books for RIMC examination?
A. Different guide books are available in the market for RIMC examination –
- Upkars Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Examination by J.N.Sharma
- Ramesh RIMC Entrance Exam Guide by M.L.Batura
- General Knowledge books
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
Q. How to prepare for RIMC?
A. Preparation tips for RIMC are described below –
- The base of the students has to be cleared. Basic knowledge of English Grammar and Mathematics is very important.
- Aspirants have to be active in every field
- Students are advised to go through some general knowledge books.
- A daily practice of Mathematics is very important. Everyday students should write an essay in English so that they can improve themselves in the subject.
- Practice of previous years paper needs to be done thoroughly.
Some tips for parents –
- Parents should not impose pressure on their kids for studying all through the day
- Make sure that your child is ready to go to the RIMC. Do not force them to do so if they are not interested to be a part of defence services.
- Give your child some general knowledge books to read
- Be patient with the kids.
- Self study is the best study.
Q. What are the coaching centers for RIMC?
A. Usually parents are advised not to provide coaching classes for RIMC exams but still there are some centers which provide coaching for RIMC exam. They are listed below –
- Defence Academy – Coimbatore
- Olive Greens – Chandigarh
- MAA Tutorial – Indore
- Cavalier – Delhi
- Baalnoi Academy – Delhi
Q. How many vacancies are there?
A. One vacancy for per state is reserved for applicants. States with huge population like Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, UP, Bihar, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal have 2 vacancies. In case, if a candidate does not join RIMC, reserve applicant will join.