Punjab Police Constable (Male / Female) Recruitment Oct 2011
Name of the Post: Constable in District Police Cadre
Vacancy: 5726 Posts (3726 Posts for Male & 2000 Post for Female Candidates)
Scale of Pay: Rs.5910 to 20200 + Rs.2000 Grade Pay (PB-2)
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab State
Age: 18 to 25 years as on 01/01/2011.
Candidates who belong to SC / ST / BC will be given relaxations as per Govt. rule and Ex-servicemen will be given up to 3 years relaxation in age.
Candidates, who are going to apply for the post of constable, should be 12th Passed or equivalent qualifications. They should have passed Class 10th Examination with Punjabi language as compulsory subject. Ex-servicemen candidates, for the post of constable, are required only Matriculation.
Candidate will be Physical examined by Civil Surgeon as per provision contained in rule 10.64 of Punjab Police Rule. 1934 before enrolment
First of all, Eligible candidates will be called for Physical Measurement then Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and after qualifying in these two tests they will be called for Interview. Well, final selection will be made on the basis of these tests organized by Punjab Police
Minimum Height of the Male candidates should be 5 feet and 7 inches & 5 feet and 3 inches in case of Female Candidates.
• 1600 Mtr. Race in Six Minutes and 30 Second
• Long Jump – 3.80 Miters (will be given 3 chances)
• High Jump – 1.10 Miters ( will be given 3 chances)
• 800 Miters Race in 4 minutes
• Long Jump – 3.25 Miters (will be given 3 chances)
• High Jump – 1.05 Miters (will be given 3 chances)
• 1400 Miters Run / Walk in 12 minutes (Men)
• 10 Sit-ups (Men)
• 800 Miters Run / Walk in 8 Minutes (Women)
How to get application form:
• Candidates can obtain application form from the office of Police Commissioners & Sr. Superintendents of Police. It is available at all districts in Punjab state. Candidates will have to pay of Rs.100 in cash for the application form and it can be obtained from 27/09/2011 to 17/10/2011 on all working dates from 9.00 to 5.00 pm.
• Candidates may also download application form from the website of Punjab Police and in that case candidates will have to send an Account Payee Demand Draft of Rs.100 with the application in favour of “Chairman, District Recruitment Board (……)” District Name, payable at Concerned District (for male) & “Chairmen-cum-IGP Zone Recruitment Board, Payable at Concerned District (for female).
• Candidates must write their Name and Address at the reverse side of the Demand Draft
How to apply:
If the candidates have got application form, they are required to fill it up with proper details and send it will supporting documents to “Chairman, District Recruitment Board (…….)” District Name (for male) & Chairman-cum-IGP Zone Recruitment Board” (for Female) on or before 17/10/2011 till 5.00 pm. Application received after this Stipulated date will not be accepted by Punjab Police.
Official website of Punjab Police: http://www.punjabpolice.gov.in