How to prepare for CAT?
1. Decision to be an MBA – The prime step is the candidates’ decision to be an MBA. When a candidate dreamt of an MBA, his preparation starts automatically. He needs to analyze from all sources that what would be his subject, his aim, future goals, etc.
2. Make a proper time table – Discipline has to be maintained to get success in life. A proper discipline leads you to the doorway of success. The candidate should first make his own plan and set his time table so that he can know how much time he is giving for each subject
3. Planning – Planning is the first step in management. Planning has to be done in every sense, starting from the choice of subjects, whether to take coaching from institutes or not, how to prepare for self study, from where to get study materials, how to start the preparation, etc.
4. Choice of Study Materials – Selection of right books and study material is important. The candidate can get help from websites, seniors, teachers and parents. Different books are available in market for different subjects and it is the choice of the candidate to select the right one. Quantitative and reasoning books of R.S Agarwal arevery helpful for the candidates. Books from Wren and Martin provide well information of English Vocabulary, Verbal Ability from Arun Sharma is again a good choice.
5. Appear for Mock Tests – Many institutes are there who organizes mock tests for the students. Candidates who are preparing by themselves can enroll themselves in institutes for those mock tests. Monthly or weekly a mock test is conducted and the students can review their marks and can learn the correct way of solving a problem.
Apart from these tips, self confidence and a strong will power is required to crack the CAT and grab a seat in the IIMs.
Important Coaching Institutes:
Different Institutes are there who provides coaching to the students for CAT exam. Institutes like IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd, ERUDITE, Career Forum, Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd (T.I.M.E), etc are the few names that provide coaching to the candidates.