PMET (Punjab Medical entrance Test) is conducts each year by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences situated in Faridkot for admitting potential and deserving candidates in various programs in MBBS,BDS,BAMS and BHM courses.85% seats are reserved for Punjab candidates. Each year several thousand students take this exam making it one of the toughest exams in the country.
PMET 2012 EXAM PATTERN
The candidates have to attempt a total of 200 questions (all multiple choice question type) within a time limit of one and a half hours. The questions will be from physics ,chemistry & biology. The score of the examination is of utmost important because it determines the position of the candidate in the examination. Candidates gaining a higher score will be eligible and will be called for the counseling.
PMET 2012 EXAMINATION SYLLABUS
The examination is completely based on the higher secondary syllabus
- Mathematical tools
- Motion in a straight line
- Motion in a plane
- Newton’s laws of motion
- Work power and energy
- System of particles and rotational motion
- Mechanical properties of solids and fluids
- Oscillations and waves
- Magnetic properties of current
- Modern physics
- Mole concept and stoichiometry
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding
- Chemical kinetics
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Nuclear chemistry
- Co ordination compounds
- Comparative study of elements
- Alcohols and phenols
- Solid state
- Living world
- Animal kingdom
- Plant kingdom
- Structural organization
- Plant physiology
- Animal physiology
PMET 2012 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The candidate should be a resident of Punjab.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years by the year of taking the entrance examination.
- The candidate should have appeared and passed 10+2 from a recognized university with 50% marks in physics ,chemistry & biology.
- The candidate should also have passed in English.
- The examination details should be produced during the time of examination.
PMET 2012 APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- The application forms can be obtained from the selected branches of Canara bank on the payment of Rs. 1000/-
- The application forms can be obtained from Baba Farid University of Health Sciences on the payment of Rs. 1000/-
- The application can also be obtained by a speed post by sending a request and a DD of Rs. 1050/-to the Registrar of Baba Farid University.
PMET 2012 IMPORTANT DATES
- Sale of information bulletin->1st week of may 2012
- Last date of receiving the application form->last week of may 2012
- date of entrance examination->second week of june 2012
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Sadiq Road, Faridkot-151203
- Phone: +91-01639-256232, 256236
- Email: email@example.com