Advertisement No. 08 OF 2011-12
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released a notification for vacancies of Assistant Professor in various disciplines in any Medical College and attached Hospital established by the State Government and Sardar Vallababhai Patel Post Graduate Institute of Paediatrics, Cuttack in Group-A of the Orissa Medical Education Service rules, 2009. Applicants having below prescribed educational can apply only in prescribed format by 10.01.2012. Applicants will appointed on the post on temporary basis for a limited period that may be increased as per performance of employee and requirement of such employees in college and hospital. Applicants can know more details related to this recruitment from below given recruitment details.
Recruitment Details: –
Name of Post – Assistant Professor
No. of Vacancies – 73 ( UR – 35, SC – 15, ST – 07, SEBC – 16)
Pay Band – Rs. 15,600 – 39,100/- plus Rs. 8,000/- Grade pay per month
Age limit – Applicants’ age should not be above than 45 years as on 1st August 2011
Relaxation in age – Applicants who will belong to SC/ST will be given relaxation of 5 years in maximum age and who will belong to SEBC will be given relaxation of 3 years
Disciplines – No. of posts – Educational Qualification –
1. Anesthesiology – 05 – MD/MS in Anesthesiology having 3 years experience in concerned discipline
2. Bi0-Chemistry – 04 – M.D. in Bio-Chemistry / M.Sc. in Medical Bio-Chemistry from recognized university having experience of 3 years
3. Hematology – 01– DM in Medical Gastroenterology / Gastroenterology / Medicine OR MD in Paediatrics from recognized university having 2 years special training in Gastroenterology and experience of 3 years in concerned discipline
4. Hematology – 01-DM in Clinical hematology / MD in Medicine / Pediatrics / Pathology from recognized university having 2 years special training and experience of 3 years in concerned discipline.
5. Medicine – 17- MD in Medicine from recognized university having 3 years experience in relevant field
6. Microbiology -01 – MD in Bacteriology / Microbiology or M.Sc. in Medical Microbiology / Med.Bact. from recognized university having experience of three years in allied subject
7. O & G – 08– M.D. in O & G / M.S. in O & G from recognized university having experience of three years
8. Ophthalmology – 01 – MD in Ophthalmology / MS in Ophthalmology from recognized university with experience of three years
9. Ortho – surgery – 07 – MS in Orthopedics with 3 years experience from recognized university
10. Paediatrics – 06 – MD in pediatrics having experience of three years
11. Pharmacology – 01 – MD in Pharmacology / M.Sc. in Medical Pharmacology with experience of three years
12. Physiology – 01 – MD in Physiology / M.Sc. in Medical Physiology with three years experience
13. Psychiatrics – 01 – MD in Psychiatrics with 3 years experience
14. S.P.M. – 02– MD in SPM / Community Medicine with three years experience
15. Surgery – 10-MS in General Surgery from recognized university plus three years experience
16. Transfusion Medicine – 03 – M.D. in Transfusion Medicine / pathology or Ph.D. in Pathology or D.Sc. in Pathology with 3 years experience from recognized university.
17. Emergency Medicine – 03-MD in General Medicine / MS in General Surgery / MD in Anesthesiology / MD in Respiratory Medicine / MS in Orthopedics from recognized university
18. Rheumatology – 01– MD in General Medicine / MD in Pediatrics / MD in PMR having 2 years special training in Rheumatology from recognized university
Selection Procedure: – Applicants will be selected on the post of Assistant professor in any discipline on the basis of performance in written test followed by personal interview. A shot list will be made to be called for written test on the basis of academic qualifications. Applicants who will qualify in written test will be called for personal interview and who will qualify personal interview will be selected on the post.
Examination Fee: – Applicants have to pay Rs. 50/- in the form of demand draft / Bank draft that should be drawn in favour of ” Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission “ payable at any Scheduled Bank at Cuttak. Fee can be also paid through Treasury under the Head ” 0051 – PSC-105-State PSC – Examination Fee”.
Application form: – Applicants can download the prescribed format of application from the web link ” Download Application form” or from official website of OPSC. Application form can be also obtained from the office of the special secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001 personally on cash payment of Rs. 30/- .
How to apply: – Application form along with Demand Draft and photocopies of certificates of educational qualification, age, experience etc must be sent on or before 10.01.2012 on the address given below. Application must be enclosed within a superscribed envelope ” Application for the Post of Assistant Professor in ———–“.
Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19,
Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753001.
For more details such as application fee, eligibility criteria, pay scale, how to apply, selection process, age limit, examination and last date of submitting application click on ” Recruitment Details”
Official website of OPSC –