Orissa Joint Entrance Examination (Orissa JEE):
OJEE was initially started by R.E.C Rourkela in the year 1979 for the candidates of Orissa, now it is offering a number of courses for the students willing to get admission in engineering and the medical. At present lots of institutes/colleges that offer courses in various disciplines including Engineering, Technology, Architecture, MBBS/BDS, Pharmacy, MBA, MCA and Hotel Management & Catering Technology joined the selection process via JEE for the state of Orissa.
Orissa JEE conducts entrance exam for admission in Engineering/Technology (B.Tech), Architecture (B.Arch), Medical courses (MBBS/BDS), Pharmacy, Hotel Management and Catering Technology etc.
Who Can Apply? / Eligibility Criteria for OJEE
- Students must have cleared class 12 examination of Orissa Board or equivalent having the subject Physics, Mathematics, and either Chemistry or Computer Science or Biology or Biotechnology.
- Students passed in 10+3 diploma course in engineering including those having not less than 60% marks in aggregate from SCTE&T, Orissa or equivalent are eligible.
- The candidates who have cleared 12th or the appearing in this class exam or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with Mathematics as a subject of study by getting at least 50% marks in gross are eligible to apply for OJEE.
- Applicant must have cleared ten plus three diploma in any stream recognized by central/state govt. with 50% aggregate marks. Detailed qualification criteria Orissa JEE.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Math Subjects.
- Negative marking process will be used and for each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded and for each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- Cut off marks will be there in the examination.
- The question will be of Multiple choice nature.
- There will be 60 questions per hour.
How to Prepare?
- The most important mantra to crack any exam is PRACTICE, practice a lot.
- Certain rules which is needed to be followed are:
- Time management is the most important thing.
- The time table must be prepared and it should be strictly followed.
- The syllabus must be covered fully, so that any important point should not be missed.
- The applicants must concentrate on each subject equally, so that they can cross the cut off marks for each subject.
- The candidate must give importance to the subject in which they are weak.
- Maximum number of sample papers should be solved.
- If the candidate found difficulties in any subject he/she should get admission into the coaching classes.
- Numbers of test papers are available in the market; candidate must solve the test papers.
- Revision must be done properly and the candidates must ensure that they did not miss any chapters.