National Institute of Siddha, Chennai
Q. What is NIS Exam?
A. National Institute of Siddha (NIS) Exam is an Entrance Examination for admission to the Master Degree Programs. This examination is conducted by National Institute of Siddha, Chennai (NIS Chennai). The Post Graduation Programs of this institute came into force in the year 2004. Candidates qualifying the examination will get admission to various Post Graduate courses. Students interested in medicine will have good opportunity if they crack this Entrance Examination. The courses will be of three years and at the end of each academic year an examination takes place.
Q. What are the Post Graduate Programs available after clearing the Entrance Examination?
A. Following is the list of Programs to which the selected candidates are admitted:
1. Branch I M.D (Siddha) – Maruthuvam
2. Branch II M.D (Siddha) – Gunapadam
3. Branch III M.D (Siddha) – Sirappu Maruthuvam
4. Branch IV M.D (Siddha) – Kuzhandhai Maruthuvam
5. Branch V M.D (Siddha) – Noi Naadal
6. Branch VI M.D (Siddha) – Nanjunoolum Maruthuva Neethinoolum
Q. What are the eligibility criteria of NIS?
A. The list of qualification required for NIS Entrance Examination is as follows:
1. Applicants should have cleared Bachelors of Siddha Medicine & Surgery (BSMS) / Bachelor of Indian Medicine (BIM) from any Indian University along with the completion of Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship (C.R.R.I). Applicants who will be completing C.R.R.I before the date of Entrance Examination are also eligible to apply for the M.D (Siddha) program.
2. Applicants name should have been registered in either State Council of Indian Medicine or Central Council of Indian Medicine.
Q. What is the Examination Pattern of NIS Entrance exam?
A. The examination pattern of NIS Entrance Exam is explained below.
1. The time limit of the examination is of three hours
2. The question paper will consists of multiple choice questions
3. The question paper will cover syllabus of BSMS course.
4. The question paper will be in both Tamil and English
5. Total number of questions will be 250
6. Each question will carry 1 mark
7. There is negative marking for every wrong answer. 0.25 marks will be deducted from the maximum marks allotted to that question.