A walk-In interview is to be held by Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) for recruitment of Technical Staff and Operatives in various trade. In this regard, Applications in prescribed format have been invited from the result oriented candidates. Selection of applicants on advertised posts will be done on contract basis for a period of two years. Applicants having requisite educational qualification may appear in interview on respective date, time and venue along with all necessary documents. Applicants can know more details about how to apply, selection procedure, no. of vacancies, walk-in Interview Date,time and venue by reading below given recruitment details.
Recruitment details of the job of Technical Staff and Operative : –
Advertisement No. Ref.No. Div-Rec-W & S/56/2012
Total Post – 936
Trade Name- No. of Vacancies: Walk-in date- Educational Qualification
1. Master 1st trade – 02 – 27.01.2012 : Competency certificate ( 1st class master ) from Maharashtra Maritime Board
2. Spl Grade Engine driver – 03 – 27.01.2012: Competency certificate ( Licence to act as engineer) from Maharashtra Maritime Board
3. Master 2nd Class – 02 – 27.01.2012: Applicants should have certificate of competency ( 2nd class ) from Maharashtra Maritime Board.
4. Engine Driver 1st class – 02 – 27.01.2012: Competency Certificate in 1st Engine driver from Maharashtra Maritime Board
5. Sarang – 02 – 27.01.2012: Competency certificate in Sarang issued by Maharashtra Maritime Board
6. Jr. Draughtsman – 09 – 30.01.2012: Applicants must have passed SSC from recognized board
7. Jr. Planner Estimator ( Mechanical) – 07 – 31.01.2012: Pass SSC / HSC Examination from any recognized board and pass National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination in Draughtsman trade in mechanical stream.
8. Jr. Planner Estimator ( Electrical / Electronic ) – 03– 01.02.2012: Applicants should have passed SSC / HSC examination with three yeas diploma or degree in electrical / electronics with minimum 55% marks from any technical board.
9. Fitter – 09 – 02.02.2012: SSC passed from any recognized board and National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination passed in structural / fitter / fabricator trade.
10. Structural Fabricator – 224 – 03.02.2012: Applicants should have passed certificate of SSC Examination from any recognized board and passed certificate of National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination in trade of Structural Fitter / Fabricator.
11. Pipe Fitter – 26 – 06.02.2012: Passed SSC and National Apprenticeship Certificate examination in trade of pipe fitter from recognized board
12. Electrician – 110 – 07.02.2012: Applicants should be passed SSC examination conducted by government board and National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination in trade of ” Structural Fitter / Fabricator for electrician jobs.
13. Electric Crane Operator – 17 – 08.02.2012: Passed SSC and National Apprenticeship certificate examination in trade of electrician from any recognized board / institute.
14. Machinist – 20 – 09.02.2012 : Passed SSC from recognized board and National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination in trade of Machinist
15. Electronic Mechanic – 63 -10.02.2012 : Applicants must possess passing certificate of SSC from recognized board and NACE examination in trade of Electronic Mechanic
16. Painter – 35 – 13.02.2012 : Passed VIII Class from government school and National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination in trade of Painter
17. Millwright Mechanic – 12 – 14.02.2012 : Applicants should have passed certificate of SSC Examination and National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination in the trade of Mill wright Mechanic or Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance
18. Compressor Attendant – 10 – 15.02.2012: Applicants having passed certificate of National Apprenticeship Examination can apply for the job of Compressor Attendant.
19. Carpenter – 07 – 17.02.2012: VIII Class passed from government school and National Apprenticeship Certificate examination in the trade of Carpenter passed candidates can apply for the Carpenter job.
20. Composite Welder – 150 – 20.02.2012 -Passed VIII class from recognized school and passed National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination in trade of welder can apply for composite welder
21. Rigger – 56 – 21.02.2012 : VIII Class passed and NAC Passed in the trade of Rigger
22. Security Sepoy ( Ex-Servicemen) – 04 – 22.02.2012 : Passed SSC Examination from government board
23. Fire Fighter – 19 – 23.02.2012 : Applicants should have passed SSC examination with diploma / certificate in Fire Fighting of minimum 6 months from any recognized institute.
24. Utility Hand – 134-24.02.2012: SSC and NAC Examination should be passed from any recognized board.
25. Chipper Grinder – 10 – 27.02.2012 : Passed SSC and NAC Examination from any any recognized institute.
Age limit – Applicants’ age should be 18 years to 33 years as on 01.012012
Age Relaxation – Relaxation of 5 years to the candidates of SC/ST and Relaxation of 3 years to the candidates of OBC will be given and other as per rule of government.
Salary – Selected Candidates will be paid Rs. 5000/- per month during training period and Rs. 7500/- per month after completion of training.
Selection procedure – Selection will be made on the basis of common merit list.
Application fee: – Demand draft of Rs. 100/- drawn in favour of “ Mazagon Dock Limited”, payable at Mumbai should be submitted along with application form. Applicants belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen do not need to submit demand draft.
How to apply: –
1. Applicants who meet above written eligibility criteria of this recruitment for any trade and want to apply should first download the prescribed format of application from below given web link ” Recruitment Details and Application form”.
2. Application should be filled in all respects in prescribed format by requisite information related to educational qualification, age limit, community etc and should be accompanied by self attested photocopies of certificate of educational qualification, age limit, experience etc.
3. Applicants should come along with all documents and report on interview date between 7.30 AM and 10.30 PM to the Administrative Building , IInd floor, Alcok Yard, Mazagon Dock Limited, Mumbai – 400 010.
Applicants can download application form and know more information about walk-in interview from web link ” Recruitment Details and Application form”
Official website of Mazagon Dock Limited –