A. To select the aspirants for the courses of Engineering & Medical Entrance Examination, the State of Kerala, organizes an entrance examination known as the Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Examination (KEAM), this exam serves as a platform to the applicant to get into various good level institutes.
Number of colleges are there under the KEAM, who gives admission to get into there courses offered to candidate who qualifies the KEAM.
The courses offered by KEAM are:
Agricultural & Allied courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- Bachelor of Architecture
- B.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering
- B.Tech. in Dairy Science & Technology
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. and AH)
Q. Who can take the TEST?
A. The conditions sets by the controller of the examination to get into the test are as follows:
- The applicant will have to clear the class 12 examination, securing at least 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Bio-technology/ Computer Science/Biology respectively.
- Those who are having the 10 + 3 diploma courses certificates in engineering may also appear in KEAM.
- The applicant must have cleared 12 examination securing 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in total subjects of Physics, Chemistry & Biology altogether.
- Those who wish to take admission to MBBS/BDS courses should acquire 50% marks in the Medical Entrance Examination (As per the guidelines issued by Medical Council of India).
The candidate should complete 17 years of age
Q. What is the KEAM Exam Pattern?
- KEAM admission test is conducted for two days consecutively.
- The Test consists of multiple choice questions.
- There are two papers:
1st Paper: Chemistry & Physics
2nd Paper: Mathematics & Biology
- The candidate who wishes to get admission in Engineering need to choose the 1st paper i.e., Chemistry & Physics and Mathematics from the 2nd Paper.
- The candidate who wants to get admission in Medical, Veterinary & Agriculture courses need to write the Paper 1 and Biology from the 2nd Paper. The question paper will be in English.
- The duration of the exam is 2hrs. & 30 minutes.
Q. How to Prepare?
To succeed in any examination hard work is the only option and only the shortest route to break through. There are certain things to be remembered while preparing for any examination, they are as follows:
- Practice – It goes without saying that Practice Makes Man Perfect, to crack the examination the candidate nee to practice a lot, without missing any point.
- Managing Time – Time management is one of the most important things which help the aspirant in short as well as long term goals.
- Syllabus – The aspirants must have through knowledge about the syllabus so that any important part of any subjects should not missed out from their preparation.
- Sample Papers – Sample Papers, Test Papers, question Banks, lots of study materials are available in the market nowadays, may utilization of the books available, and prepare according to the question pattern which comes in the examination.
- Group Study – Sometimes group study makes wonders, if the candidates can make a group of three or Four candidates and can study seriously, the examinees can solve each other’s problems.
- Relaxation – It is also one of the important points to be remembered, always take a gap between yours studies, so that your brain can get some relaxation.
KEAM 2012 Fees
- General candidates – Rs. 700/-
- SC/ST candidates – Rs. 350/-
All the BEST!