Q. What is JEMAT?
A. JEMAT is an initialism of Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test which is a State Level Entrance Examination organized by West Bengal University of Technology – WBUT for admission to the Master Degree Programs in various colleges of West Bengal. There are fifty two institutions in West Bengal that accepts JEMAT score card. The examination selects best applicants to be a part of best institutes of West Bengal. The competition of becoming a leader or manager is high. Aspirants from outside West Bengal appears for this entrance examination. West Bengal has best institutes that brightens up the career of its students.
Q. What are the programs that accepts JEMAT score card?
A. Following are the list of Master Degree Programs which accepts JEMAT score card.
- Master of Business Administration – MBA
- Master of Hospital Administration – MHA
- Master of Management Administration – MMA
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive) – PGDM
- Post Graduate Certificate in Management – PGCM
Q. What are the colleges that accept JEMAT scorecard?
A. List of Colleges that accept JEMAT scorecard –
- Haldia Institute of Technology
- Institute of Engineering and Management
- Siliguri Institute of Technology
- Dr. B.C.Roy Engineering College
- JIS College of Engineering
- Bengal College of Engineering & Technology
- Heritage Institute of Technology
- Narula Institute of Technology
- Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan (Institute of Management)
- Techno India
- Institute of Business Management & Research
- Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology
- Future Institute of Engineering and Management
- Pailan College of Management & Technology
- Bengal Institute of Technology and Management
- Management Institute of Durgapur
- George College (Department of Management Studies)
- International Institute of Management Sciences
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- Camelia School of Business Management
- Future Business School
- Apex Management Institute
- Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group of Institutions
- Swami Vivekananda Institute of Management & Computer Science
- Durgapur Institute of Management & Science
- DSMS Business School
- NSHM Business School, Durgapur
- ABS Academy
- Seacom Engineering College
- Calcutta Institute of Technology
- NSHM College of Management & Technology
- Institute of Management Study
- Birla School of Management
- Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science & Technology
- Budge Budge Institute of Technology
- Gurunanak Institute of Technology
- Regent Education & Research Foundation Group of Institute
- Sabita Devi Education Trust – Brainware Group of Institute
- Arybhatta Institute of Engineering & Management
- Management & Science Institute of Durgapur
- Netaji Subhas Engineering College
- Jyotirmoy School of Business
- Calcutta Business School
- Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management
- Advanced College of Management
- St Mary’s Technical Campus
Q. What is the Eligibility Conditions for appearing JEMAT?
A. The Eligibility Conditions are as follows –
- Graduate students from a recognized University are eligible
- Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline are applicable
- Final year students can also apply to the examination
- Only Indian Citizens are eligible
Q. What is the Examination Pattern of JEMAT?
A. The Examination Pattern of JEMAT is very simple.
- The examination comprises of objective type questions
- Time limit for the examination is two hours
- The question paper will consist of three sections – Mathematics, English, General Knowledge / Logical Reasoning.
- The examination will be held of 1oo marks.
- Marks allotted to each section are –
GK / Logical Reasoning
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview will also be conducted by WBUT.
- Nothing has been disclosed about the penalty for the wrong answer.
Q. How to apply?
- Candidates have to download the Application form from Universities website – www.wbut.net or www.wbut.ac.in
- Fill up the form and submit it to the University Office.
- The examination fees are to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of West Bengal University of Technology payable at Kolkata
Q. What are the Coaching Institutes for JEMAT?
A. The number of aspirants is increasing day by day and so the competition is getting tough. Aspirants are working very hard. And so the level of entrance examination is also soaring high. Following is the list of coaching institutes that provides full training about the examination:
- The Satisfaction Academy
- Ascent Education
- Global Institute
- IIM Alumni
Q. What are the books preferred for JEMAT?
A. Following is the list of books preferred for JEMAT
English / Verbal Ability
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Verbal Ability by Arun Sharma
- Business English & Communication by Clark
- English Proficiency IMS India
- A Communicative Grammar of English by Geoffrey Leech
Quantitative Aptitude / Data Interpretation
- Quant Aptitude by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by Abhijit Guha
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
- R.S Agarwal books on Logical Reasoning
- Business Today
- Business World
- Competition Success Review
- Business Line by Hindu Group
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Economics Time
- The Statesman
- The Hindu
- Times of India
Q. How to prepare for the examination?
A. Good preparation is important to crack any examination.
- Planning – The first step of preparation is planning. Planning of the schedule of study has to done. Aspirants have to make a time table of their subjects.
- Selection of Books – Applicants have to decide which book they should opt for each subject. List of books can be available through internet and various book stores.
- Practice – There is no denying in the saying that practice makes a man perfect. A thorough practice in each subject is required. At the initial stage, aspirants should understand the basics of the subject. As they proceed the level of difficulty should increase. Practice of all types’ of problems is essential.
- Mock Test – Various coaching centers are there which conducts mock test for the aspirants. They should enroll themselves in coaching institutes and must appear for mock test. Completion of paper within the time limit is very important which should be practiced through mock tests.
- Revision – The last step before the examination is revision. A small go through to all subjects is necessary. A good contact with current affairs has to be kept for general knowledge section.
Q. What is the expected cut off marks?
A. As there are many institutes in West Bengal which accepts JEMAT scorecard so there is no specific cut off. Every Institute has its own cut off.
Q. What is the score validity of JEMAT?
A. The score validity of JEMAT is one year. Applicants can apply to any institute within one year from the publication of result.
Q. What is the contact address of JEMAT?
A. The contact address of JEMAT is –
School of Management Room No. 202,
West Bengal University of Technology
BF – 142, Sector – 1, Saltlake City,
Kolkata – 700064
Phone – 033 -64147753