Q. What is ISAT – IIST Admission Test?
A: The first Space University of Asia is Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST). It offers many academic programmes for the students. The institute has courses ranging from undergraduate level to doctoral level in Space Science and Technology. IIST provides quality education and the faculty members are bagged with high academic credentials and research experience in India and abroad. The institute facilitates all types of facilities to its students. ISAT is an Entrance Examination conducted for admission to the Bachelor’s of Technology Programme. The examination is conducted by the institute itself. Last year more than 95000 students appeared for the examination. The examination is conducted annually usually in the month of April.
Q. What are Eligibility Conditions for the test?
A: The Eligibility Conditions are as follows –
- Candidates belonging to General and OBC category must have secured at least 70% marks in aggregate in standard 10th
- Candidates with SC / ST and PD categories must have at least 60% marks in aggregate in standard 10th.
- General and OBC candidates must have obtained at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics in 10+2 or equivalent examination
- SC / ST / PD candidates must have obtained at least 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Indian citizens are only eligible for the examination
- Candidates who are under the age of 25 are eligible for the examination
Q. What is the Examination Pattern of ISAT?
A: The Examination Pattern goes like this –
- Time limit for the examination is three hours
- The question paper will consist of objective type questions
- Questions will be based on Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- Correct answer will be rewarded three marks each
- There is a penalty for wrong answer.
- Incorrect answer will be awarded one negative mark.
Q. In which cities the exam will be conducted?
A: The examination will take place in the following cities –
- Port Blair
Q. How to apply for ISAT?
A: Candidates have to follow the following steps –
- Fill the online form from IIST website www.iist.ac.in/isat2012
- Go to ‘Online Registration’ and fill the ISAT Online Application Form
- Candidates should have a valid email id
- After successful registration candidates will get their ‘Registration Number’
- Next step is download and print the ‘Challan Form’
- The examination fee has to be remitted in any of the branches of State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank or Union Bank of India.
- The Institute copy of the challan should be sent to the institute by post.
Q. What are the reference books for ISAT Exam?
A: There are many books to follow. Few are listed below –
- H C Verma
- Pradeep Fundamental
- I E Irodov
- P Bahadur
- GRB Publication
- TMH for Chemistry
- R S Mukherjee
- Peter Sykes’ Reaction Mechanism for Organic Chemistry
- M L Khanna
- R D Sharma
- Arihant Prakashan Books for Maths
- Das Gupta
- S L Loney (Trignometry)
Q. What are the Coaching Centers for ISAT?
A: List of coaching centers is as follows –
- Aakash Institutions
- Brilliant Tutorials
- Allen Institutions
- Sahil Study Circle
Q. How to prepare for ISAT?
A: Aspirants have to be very serious if they want to crack the examination. There is a huge competition and every year the number of candidates appearing for the examination is increasing. Candidates have to compete with every other competitor. Firstly, the candidates have to finish all the subjects one by one. Make it sure that not a single chapter is left because one right answer can make the difference. There are different guides available in the market. Take help of those guides. If coaching is taken then follow the class properly and go through the notes also. After completing all the chapters of the concerned subjects’ candidates can take mock tests. Many coaching institutes are there who conducts these types of tests. The mock test will help to evaluate the performance and position of the candidates. Try to solve last year’s question papers because it will help in building confidence among the candidates. Do not get panic after seeing the question paper in the examination hall. Do those sums which you know very well. Be confident enough to crack the examination. Prepare well and give best in the examination hall. All the best!!
More Govt Jobs given below
Current trends indicate that Government jobs are being preferred again and due to two recessions back to back people are turning again for secured government jobs. Indian youth is choosing job security over high pay cheques. But do you know what are the most coveted and demanded government jobs in India. Obviously IAS tops the list , anyone can say that without a pause. In three years the number of students appearing for the exam reached an all time high figure of 4 lacs which is just double the number of students taking the exam 2 years ago.
Yogi Vemana University
At the beginning of new academic session, Yogi Vemana University, an emerging state university, has issued Date Sheet, Time Table and Exam Schedule. Now, candidates may view details related to date sheet on the web link below: –
About University: – The University was established in 2006 at the location of Mittamedipalli village of district Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh) in public domain to promote higher education at grass root level.
Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University
Laloo Nagar, Madhepura, Bihar
Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University (BNMU) is located in Bihar at Madhepura. It is a regional University. Time Table, Date Sheet and Examination Schedule have been announced by BNMU. Any one who desires for knowing any updates of these can click the web address provided below:
Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University (BNMU) was established in 1992.
B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University
Muzaffarpur, Bihar, India-842002
B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University (BRABU) is a prominent University situated in Bihar. It holds a large number of courses. It has announced Time Table, Examination Schedule and Date Sheet. Any one who wants to know any update from any one of these can click the web address given below:
About B.R. Ambedkar University (BRABU): Headquarter of this university is located at Patna.
Bihar Staff Selection Commission (BSSC) is firstly going to organize a Preliminary Test (P.T.) for recruitment. After a long time this type of test is going to be held in Bihar. So it is a millionaire question that how to prepare for this examination to compete and go for the next examination, i.e. main.
In this test total no. of questions is 150. There are 3 subjects,