Union Public Service Commission
Indian Forest Service Examination
Applicants who are qualified in the selection process are sent for foundation training at Mussourie and then at Dehradun. After the completion of the training, the employees can put themselves into better ranks. But to be there the applicants have to polish themselves very nicely. There is cut throat competition in the market. To do well the applicants must know the pattern of the examination.
This entrance examination comprises of Written Examination and Interview for Personality Test.
Following are the papers that will include in the written examination:
1. General English
2. General Knowledge
3. Select any two subjects from the list of optional subjects.
Agriculture, Agriculture Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Forestry, Geology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Zoology.
Applicants cannot take the following combinations:
1. Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
2. Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
3. Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
4. Mathematics and Statistics
5. Of the engineering subjects an applicant cannot select more than one subject.
– The time duration will be three hours for each paper. General English and General Knowledge will carry 300 marks and two selected papers will carry 200 marks each.
– The question paper will be of conventional type
– Applicants have to write in their own handwriting
– The commission have the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination
Interview for Personality Test
Interview has its own purpose and importance. Candidates’ capabilities are examined through personal interview. A general conversation between the candidate and the board of members will take place. Candidates should possess academic interest and also interests on general events around the world.