Q. What is HP CMAT?
A: HP CMAT is the abbreviation of Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test. HP – CMAT is an entrance examination which is organized by Himachal Pradesh University Business School for the admission to the management courses. This examination provides a great opportunity to the students especially for those who don’t want leave their state. The test is being conducted on behalf of Himachal Pradesh Technical University. The examination is held annually. Competition is increasing in the corporate world and so the admission to the best institute is very tough. HP – CMAT is one of those management entrance examinations which acts as a doorway to the students into the business world.
Q. Which are the institutes that offers MBA programme?
A: List of institutions that offers MBA programmes –
- L. R. Institute of Management, Solan
- H. P. Institute of Management Studies, Totu, Shimla
- Shimla Institute of Management & Technology, Sanjauli, Shimla
- K. C. Institute of Management, Pandoga, Una
- Abhilashi Institute of Management Studies, Ner Chowk, Mandi
- Bells Institute of Management & Technology, Mehli , Shimla
Q. What are the Eligibility Conditions of HP – CMAT?
A: The Eligibility Conditions of HP – CMAT are as follows –
- Aspirants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University
- Candidates must have secured minimum of 50% marks in Graduation (45% for SC / ST Candidates)
- Final year students can also apply
Q. How to apply for HP CMAT ?
A: The Application Form and Handbook of Information can be obtained from the Business School on cash payment / demand draft with a requisite amount. The Handbook of Information can also be available at selected Post Offices of Himachal Pradesh by payment of requisite amount.
Q. Where will be HP – CMAT conducted?
A: Following is the list of centers where HP – CMAT will take place –
Q. What is the Examination Pattern of HP – CMAT?
A: The Examination Pattern of HP – CMAT is –
- The examination paper will comprise of multiple choice questions
- Total time allotted for the examination is 3 hours
- All total there will be 200 questions
- Candidates have to select the right answer from multiple options.
- The question paper will have questions from four sections.
|No. of Questions|
|Arithmetic Comprehension and Data Interpretation|
Q. What is the validity of the HP – CMAT score card?
A: The score card is valid for one academic year.
Q. What are the reference books, newspapers and magazines for preparing for HP – CMAT?
A: There are many books available in the market for preparing for any management entrance test. Some of the study materials are suggested below –
- Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Agarwal
- Verbal Ability by Arun Sharma
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Pearson Guide to MBA Entrance Examination by Edgar Thorpe
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams by Abhijit Guha
- Business and English Communication by Clark
- Quantitative Aptitude by Arub Sharma
- A Complete Kit for MBA Entrance Examinations by S.Chand
- 40+ Solved Papers MBA Entrances by Arihant
- Ramesh Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K.Gupta
- Economics Time
- The Statesman
- The Hindu
- Business Today
- Business World
- Competition Success Review
- Business Line by Hindu Group
Q. What are the coaching institutes that provide training for HP – CMAT?
A: There are different coaching classes that provide training for HP – CMAT. Some coaching classes are –
- IMS Shimla
- Career Launcher India Ltd, Hamirpur
- Brilliant Tutorials
- Bulls Eye
- Ambitious Institute of Management
- Institute of Management Studies
Q. How to prepare for the Examination?
A: Preparation for HP – CMAT is like preparation for any other MBA Entrance Examination. Some preparation tips are given below –
- The 1st tip for preparation of management entrance examination is collection of good study materials. The materials are available in the market. Books related to every concerned subject should be bought before starting for preparation. Students can take help from their teachers, seniors, internet regarding selection of books.
- The next important tip is making a proper time table. Aspirants should provide equal amount of time to all concerned subjects. The routine should depict the candidate’s daily routine and amount of time he is dedicating for his studies.
- Start with first chapter of every subject. Slowly and steadily try to cover up all the chapters of the concerned subjects. Question paper carries problems from almost every chapter. So students have to cover up all the chapters.
- Initially try to solve easy problems. Gradually increase the level of difficulty of sums. This process will cover all type of sums and will also build confidence among the students.
- Collect previous year’s question papers from internet / market. They are very helpful for the candidates. By solving last years’ paper students gets familiar with the examination pattern.
- Set time and try to finish off the sample papers within a time limit. This will teach time management to the students. The main entrance examination will have certain time limit and students have to complete their paper in that time period.
- Give mock tests. Many coaching centers conducts mock test. Enroll to those coaching centers and give mock tests. The mock test will provide the evaluation score card to every student. This will showcase the students’ weak and strong areas.
- Work out on weak areas. Try to solve more problems of the weak areas.
- Practice, practice and practice is the only mantra for getting success in entrance examination.
- Revise previous year’s question papers thoroughly and keep faith in yourself and be confident enough to crack the examination. All the Best!!
Q. What are the contact details?
A: Himachal Pradesh University Business School
Himachal Pradesh University
Pin – 171005
Phone no: 0177 – 2830938
More Govt Jobs given below
Teacher Eligibility Test of Kerala (K-TET) Notification
Competitive Examination, to adjudge eligibility of aspirant of Lower Primary Teacher, Upper Primary Teacher & High Schools Teacher, is due in Kerala state. As you know well, after implementation of RTE Act 2009 any state of India is abided by common rule, while making appointment on teaching positions. All states have to organize separate Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), whenever teaching faculty required. Move to conduct TET was taken to improve teaching standard at primary level.
Application Stutus of MTS in ESIC Delhi 2012
As we know, ESIC New Delhi had issued a recruitment notification for the post of Upper Division Clerks (UDC) and Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in the Pay Band Rs.5200 to 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.Rs.2400 and Rs.1800 respectively. The total vacancies for both the posts were 204, Out of which 137 for Upper Division Clerk (UDC) and 67 for Multi Tasking Staff (MTS). Well,
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam 2012 Exam Schedule
Jharkhand Public service Commission (JPSC) has just announced the Exam Schedule for the Mains Exam of 4th Combined Civil Services. Candidates who have qualified in the Preliminary Test (PT) and obviously applied for this Examination and eligible to appear in this mains written exam can know the Exam schedule through the weblink given below –
JPSC 4th Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Schedule
This main written examination will be started from 25/05/2012 and it will end on 15/06/2012.
HPSSSB Clerk Exam 2012
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Board (HPSSSB) has just released a notification to find out roll number and Exam centre for the written examination of Clerk 2012. Candidates who have applied for this post and waiting for knowing examination schedule, roll number and centre of exam etc may know it after clicking the web link provided for this purpose like this —
HPSSSB Roll number and Centre of exam for the post of Clerk
Interested Candidates who have applied for this post and wanting to know the schedule,
HP State Combined Pre-Medical Entrance Test Notification
An announcement about HPCPMET 2012 has been made by HP University. As you know well that HPCPMET is common entrance test, which is organiesed every year for choosing eligible candidates for taking Admission in MBBS & BDS courses in Govt. Colleges and Private colleges of HP State. This year HPCPMET will be organised on 25th May 2012. Regrading HPCPMET 2012, applications are invited from Those who are between 17 to 25 years of age and completed 12th with PCB.