- Minimum education qualification for appearing GMAT has not been prescribed by Graduate Admission Management Council.
- A candidate below 18 years of age has to send a written form to “GMAT Customer Services” of his/her region signed by his/her parents/local guardian to take GMAT exam.
It is a four-hour duration exam with multiple-choice question format and a maximum score of 800. The test has three distinct sections: Analytical Writing Ability, Quantitative and Verbal.
|Analytical writing||Analysis of an issue||30 mins|
|Analysis of an argument||30 mins|
|Optional break||10 mins.|
|Quantitative Section||37 multiple choice||75 mins|
|15 Data Sufficiency|
|22 Problem Solving|
|Optional Break||10 mins|
|Verbal section||41 Multiple Choice||75 mins.|
|12 Critical Reasoning|
|14 Reading comprehension|
|15 Sentence Correction|
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The exam is not conducted on a fixed date. The candidate needs to register in advance for appearing for GMAT test. A minimum of 15 days advance registration is mandatory for GMAT test.
- The duration of the test is 4 hours.
- The test fee is US$250.
- More than 900 institutes all over the world use GMAT scores.
- GMAT score is valid for a period of 2 yrs.
HOW TO APPLY
At first,the candidate should select a suitable test center location, registration for GMAT can be done ONLINE, by Phone, or by Mail.
An applicant can register online on GMAT’s official website:
Online test fee payment of US $250 can only be made by credit card or debit card. So, you need to have a Visa, MasterCard, JCB or American Express credit card or a Visa or Master debit card to register online for the GMAT.
REGISTRATION BY PHONE
Appointment can be scheduled on the following number:
Telephone: 0120 4324628 (95120 from New Delhi) 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION BY FAX
Forms can be downloaded from www.mba.com and should be faxed with the details to the number: +61 2 99013330
REGISTRATION BY MAIL
To register by mail, fill in the application form, get the Demand Draft (DD) made (or pay online by credit card), submit them to Pro-metric Testing (P) Ltd. at New Delhi either by hand or by registered post/courier ,send the documents at least 3 WEEKS before choice of a test day.On receipt of all the required documents, an appointment for test will be scheduled at the Pro-metric Testing (P) Ltd and confirmation of the date, time and location of the appointment will be sent to the candidate.
1.The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 12th Edition
Author: Graduate Management Admission Council.
2.Kalpan GMAT, 2007 Edition
3. GMAT Prep Course
Author: Jeff Kolby.
TIPS FOR THE TEST
- Regular Practice.
- Spend adequate time on the first 5 questions.
- Prepare yourself to finish the test – at all costs!
- Read the Questions Carefully.
- Avoid Random Guessing.