Eligibility Criteria for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
2. Candidates possessing a B.E.or B.Tech or B.Arch (Post – Diploma, Post – B.Sc) can apply for GATE. Students, that are studying in Final year of anyone of these courses may also appear in the same.
3. Candidates with M.Stat (any branch) or MCA or M.A. in Mathematics or M.Sc. are also liable to appear in GATE.
4. Students studying in 2nd year or having 4 year Integrated PG programme (Post –B.Sc.) in Technology/Science can also apply
5. Students passing through 4th year of the Five year Integrated Masters Degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Technology/Engineering are also eligible to apply for GATE.
6. Students who have Passed the examinations conducted by Professional Societies and authorized by AICTE / UPSC can try for GATE. Candidates, that have been awarded by Institute of Civil Engineers India conducte, Institute of Engineers India held AMIE are also able to try for GATE, but the degree must be at the level of or equivalent to B.E/B.Tech. Candidates, that have completed section A or equivalent of such Professional Courses, can also appear in the Same.