Union Public Service Commission
Indian Engineering Services Examination (IES)
Category I – Civil engineering
Category II – Mechanical Engineering
Category III – Electrical Engineering
Category IV – Electronics and Communication Engineering.
IES Eligibility Criteria:
– Indian Citizen
– A subject of Nepal
– A subject of Bhutan
– Indian origin persons who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with a thought of settling in India permanently.
– A Tibetan refugee who came to India with a thought of settling here permanently before 01 – 01 – 1962.
– Applicants who come under categories mentioned in point’s ii, iii, iv and v should provide the relevant certificate issued by the Government of India.
– The candidate must be between the age of 21 years and 30 years (Should have born between 02 – 08 – 1981 and 01 – 08 – 1990)
– SC / ST candidates will have five years of upper age limit
– Three years for OBC candidates
– From 01 – 01 – 1980 to 31 – 12 – 1989, any applicant who domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir can avail maximum of 5 years of upper age limit
– For Defence Service Personnel maximum three years
– Five years for ECOs / SSCOs who have served five years in Military Service
– For ex-serviceman maximum of five years
– Applicants, who are blind, deaf, mute and orthopedically handicapped have ten years as maximum upper limit.
– Applicant must be a degree holder in engineering from any recognized University
– Passed a graduate membership examination of the Institute of electronics and Telecommunication Engineer
– Should have cleared Associate Membership Examination Part II and III / Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India.
– Passed section A and B of the Institutions Examinations of the Institute of Engineers (India)
– Passed Graduate membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959
According to the standards of the examination the candidates should be physically fit.
For more click below: