The candidates having the following points are eligible to apply for CAT:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA awarded by any of the recognized University and 45% marks for SC/ST, DA and PWD applicants.
2. Candidates with grades or CGPA should convert their grades into percentage
3. The conversion would be based on the Universities procedure. In case, if they don’t have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidates CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
4. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s Degree can also apply.
5. Candidates waiting for their final results can also apply. If selected, these candidates will be allowed to join the course provisionally, only if the candidate submits a certificate latest by 30th June 2012 from the principal of the institution stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree.
6. If the candidate belongs to Schedule caste or Schedule Tribe categories, then they must be listed in the Government of India schedule.
7. The certificate should clearly consists of all the details like, name of the caste/ tribe, district and the State or Union Territory of the candidates ordinary residence and the appropriate government of India schedule under which the candidates tribe/caste is approved.
8. A copy of the certificate should be send to CAT centre, C/O Admissions Office, Indian Institute of Calcutta, Joka, Diamond Harbour Road, Kolkata 700 104. Applicant should mention the Voucher Serial Number on the certificate.
9. NC – OBC applicants should produce the NC – OBC certificate duly signed by the concerned authority.