Q. What is CPT?
A. CPT is a Common Proficiency Test. This is an Entrance Test for the admission to the Chartered Accountancy Course. More than one lakh candidates apply for the entry level of Chartered Accountancy Course. Applicants interested in pursuing accounting or taxation as their career opts for Chartered Accountancy Course. This test is conducted semi annually in the month of June and December.
Q. What is the Eligibility Condition for CPT?
A. In order to appear for the examination an applicant must have cleared 10+2 examination recognized by Central Government or organized by an examining body constituted by law in India.
Q. What is the examination Pattern of CPT?
A. The Examination Pattern of CPT goes like this
- The question paper will consists of objective type questions.
- The test will be conducted based upon four subjects – Quantitative Aptitude, General Economics, Accounting and Mercantile Law.
- The test will have two sessions.
- Both the sessions will be conducted on the same day.
- Time limit for each test is two hours
- Total marks allotted to test is 200
- There is a penalty for the wrong answer.
Q. What are the details of the two sessions of CPT?
A. The details of the session are listed below.
|Section A||Fundamentals of Accounting||60 marks|
|Section B||Mercantile Law||40 marks|
- Session I will be of two hours
- Total marks allotted to Session I is 100.
|Section C||General Economics||50 marks|
|Section D||Quantitative Aptitude||50 marks|
- Time allotted to Session II is also two hours
- Session II also comprises of 100 marks.
Q. What are the coaching centers for CPT test?
A. List of coaching centers all over India –
- Rama Academy of Commerce – Delhi
- Sri Sankara Coaching Center – Chennai
- Pavithra Academy – Hyderabad
- Arihant Institute – Ahmedabad
- Spice Academy – Mumbai
- ETEN CA – Bangalore
Q. What are the recommended books for CPT?
A. Usually books provided by the institute are enough to get good marks. But still there are other books which can be referred if needed. Below is the list of some books for CPT preparation –
- Accounts – P C Tulsian
- Maths and Statistics – M N Arora
- Economics – S K Agarwal
- Law – P C Tulsian