Common Entrance Examination for Design
Q. What is CEED?
A. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) is the best engineering institute in the country. Among seven IITs, IIT Bombay (IIT B) organizes a Common Entrance Examination on behalf of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Department of Education, Government of India, for the admission to the Post Graduation level in Industrial Design. This Entrance Test is called Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED). It is held annually and students from all over the country apply for this examination. This examination is conducted to analyze students’ perception in design, thinking power, drawing skills, visual ability, logical reasoning, communication skills, and creativity and innovation skills.
List of Post Graduate Programmes after qualifying CEED:
1. Masters of Design Programmes:
a. Masters of Design in Product Design and Engineering – Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore
b. Masters of Design in Industrial Design; Visual Communication; Mobility and Vehicle Design; Animation; Interaction Design – Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
c. Masters of Design in Industrial Design – Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
d. Masters of Design in Design – Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
e. Masters of Design in Industrial Design – Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
2. Ph.D. Programmes in Design in IIT Bombay and IIT Kanpur
For points a and e, candidates with GATE score card can also apply for the programme.
1. Should be a B.Des / B.Arch. / BID / B.Eng.
2. Professional Diploma in Design (NID / CEPT)
3. Candidate should be a BFA
4. Applicants have to possess G.D. Art with one year professional experience (5 year programme after 10th)
5. Applicants with M.Sc / M.A / MCA are also eligible
6. No age limit is there
7. Candidates can appear in CEED any number of times. No restriction is for number of times appearing for the examination is there.
1. The examination will consist of two parts – Part A and Part B.
2. Part A will be Screening Test and Part B will be evaluated of those candidates who will qualify the Part A.
3. The test duration will be of three hours
4. The question paper will be in English
5. No drawing sheets will be provided to the candidates