CLAT 2012 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- THE CANDIDATE SHOULD BE A CITIZEN OF India.
- The candidate should not have crossed the age of 20 years (22 years for the reserved category) by 31st of July 2012.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 from any national or state board or any equivalent board with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserve category) are eligible .
- The candidates appearing for 10+2 in year 2012 are also eligible.
- The candidate who will provide the Certificate of 10+2 by 1st October 2012 to be eligible for admission after entrance.
CLAT 2012 EXAMINATION PATTERN
The question paper will consist 200 Multiple Choice Questions related to following topics:
- Elementary Mathematics: 20 questions
- General English: 40 questions
- General Knowledge/Current Affairs: 50 questions
- Legal Aptitude: 45 questions
- Logical Reasoning: 45 questions
TIME LIMIT: 120 minutes/2 hours
There will be negative marking for every wrong answer.
CLAT 2012 APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- The application forms for CLAT 2012 are available from selected branches of Indian bank and State Bank of India and 11 national law institutes.
- The forms can be downloaded from the official website: www.clat.ac.in
- The application form can also be obtained by sending a request along with a DD of Rs.400. the candidates will have to mention the register number along with the signature behind DD.
- The CLAT application kit consist of OMR application form. The information brochure should be carefully read before filling up the form. The form should be filled with an HB pencil only.
- The filled in application forms should be sent to The Convenor (CLAT- 2010), The National Law Institute University, Kerwa Dam Road, Bhopal-462044(M.P).
CLAT 2012 IMPORTANT DATES
- Notification comes out: 2nd January, 2012 (Monday)
- Availability of application forms (SBI specified branches and All CLAT -2012 Member National Law Universities):2nd January, 2012 (Monday)
- Last date for sending the filled in application forms:31st March 2012 (Saturday)
- Hall tickets can be issued up to 14th April 2012 (Saturday)
- Examination of CLAT 2012:13th May 2012 (Sunday) from 03:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Declaration of result:28th May 2012 (Monday)
- Deposit of fees for students of 1st merit list:9th June 2012 (Saturday) by 4:00 p.m.
- 2nd merit list and reshuffling:10th June 2012 (Sunday)
- Deposit of fees for students of 2nd merit list 16th June 2012 (Saturday) by 4:00 p.m.
- 3rd merit list and reshuffling:17th June 2012 (Sunday)
- Deposit of fees for students of 3rd merit list 23rd June 2012 (Saturday) by 4:00 p.m.
- 4th merit list and reshuffling:24th June 2012 (Sunday)
- Deposit of fees for students of 4th merit list 27th June 2012 (Wednesday)
- Admissions close:30th June 2012 (Saturday)
- Classes commence:2nd July 2012 (Monday)
CLAT 2012 IMPORTANT CONTACTS
- Contact adress:The Convenor (CLAT- 2010), The National Law Institute University, Kerwa Dam Road, Bhopal-462 044 (M.P),
- Telephone: (0755)-2696965 /70/71
- Fax: (0755)-2696972
- E-mail id: Info@nliu.com
- Official Website: www.clat.ac.in
COLLEGES ADMITTING STUDENTS FROM CLAT
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juidical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Orissa (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
CLAT 2012 TEST CENTRES
- New Delhi
CLAT PREPARATION COACHING CENTRES
- PIYUSH LAW ACADEMY
- GOYAL ACADEMY
- Institute of Judicial Study (IJS)
CLAT PREPARATION BOOKS
- Grammar by Wrenn and Martin
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning by Panel of Experts
- Practice Papers for CLAT by Gaurav Mehta
- Study Package for CLAT & LLB Entrance Examinations by AP Bhardwaj
- Common Law Admission Test [CLAT] by HemaRaman
- Common Law Admission Test by Lal and Mishra.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE VISIT:www.clat.ac.in