B I T S A T – 2012
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS ) Pilani is premier institution declared as deemed to be a university under Section 8 of the UGC act .every year ,it conduct an all India level entrance examination on the basis of a computer online test conducted by BITS Pilani knows as BITSAT for admitting potential and deserving candidate in it various disciplines of undergraduate course in its Pilani , Goa & Hyderabad campus.
- B.E.(Hons.):Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,Manufacturing Engineering.
- M.Sc.(Hons.):Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
- M.Sc.(Tech.):General Studies, Finance, Information Systems.
BITSAT 2012 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The candidate should have passed the 12th class under 10+2 System from ISC / CBSE or any equivalent State level board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of 80% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and a minimum of 60% marks individually in Physic ,Chemistry & Mathematics .
- The candidate should have an adequate proficiency in English.
- The candidate appearing in 12th in the year 2012 or has passed 12th in 2011 are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2012.
- If the candidate takes more than one attempt to clear class 12th then the latest examination is to be considered.
- The candidate who have appeared and passed class 12th in 2010 and before are not eligible to appear for the test.
DIRECT ADMISSION FOR BOARD TOPPERS
First rank students of all central & State boards for the year 2012 will be given a direct admission to their choice course irrespective of what they score in entrance test.
BITSAT 2012 TEST FORMAT
The BITSAT will be an online test. The questions are offered on a computer screen and answers need to be given through keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to the server which delivers the set of question. The BITSAT will take place over a course of time, so the candidate is free to those the date, place and time to the convenience.
The questions are of Multiple choice Question ( MCQ ) type .The correct answer is awarded with 3 marks and an incorrect answer leads to the deduction of 1 mark.
The time limit of the examination is of three hours. It consists of four parts and a total of 150 questions.
Part –I PHYSICS
No. of questions-40
Part –II CHEMISTRY
No. of questions-40
No. of question-15
No. of questions-10
Part –IV MATHEMATICS
No. of questions-45
The students who have attempted 150 questions will be given an extra (a maximum of 12 questions) for extra scoring.
- The questions and instructions will only be in English.
- Only writing articles need to be brought. The rough sheets will be provided by the center.
- Calculators, logarithmic tables are not allowed in the examination.
- Personal belongings like mobile phones are not allowed.
- The candidates are required to bring the down loaded hall tickets.
- The candidates will be monitored through CCTV cameras for any illegal activities.
- The fingerprints will be taken at time of examination to be matched with at the time of admission.
BITSAT 2012 SYLLABUS
The examination is completely based on the NCERT syllabus of class 11 & 12. A sample question paper will be available for registered candidates on BITS website.
BITSAT 2012 RESULT DECLARATION
The score report of the test will be declared by the computer on successful completion of the test on the basis of all attempted and unattempted questions. The candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria are eligible for merit list and it will purely be based on the marks obtained in the entrance test.
BITSAT 2012 TEST CENTERS
- Pilani, Hyderabad & Goa Campus of BITS
- Dubai Campus of BITS (International center)
BITSAT 2012 APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- The candidates are required to register their names for the examination and fill the application form and take the printout. The completed form along with the payment should be sent to The Admissions officer, BITS, Pilani-333031. the payment can be done through any of the following modes:-
- Payment by credit card or debit card.
- Payment through internet banking.
- Payment by cash at all ICICI bank branches through chalan.
- The application fee is Rs. 1700/- (for male candidates) and Rs. 1200/-(for female candidates)
- If the fee payment is done through DD, then The application fee is Rs. 1600/- (for male candidates) and Rs. 1100/-(for female candidates)
- If the test center is chosen as Dubai then the application fee is US $ 50(Rs. 2500/-) for both male and female candidates.
- The application for admission can also be done on the basis of class 12 result. The completed application forms along with the results of class 12 and prescribed application fee can be submitted by hand or can be sent through speed post to The Admissions officer, BITS, Pilani-333031 Rajasthan.
BITSAT 2012 IMPORTANT DATES
It should be noted that dates are tentative and are subjected to change.
- Last date to apply for BITSAT 2012->15th february 2012
- Test center allotment and declaration of candidates->25th February 2012
- Hall ticket downloading->14th April to 30th April 2012
- reservation of test dates-.29th feb to 20th 2012
- Online test->10th May to 09th June 2012
- Apply for admission on the basis of 12th report card->19th may to 30th June 2012
- preferences to degree programmes->19th may to 30th june 2012
- Result declaration and merit list->1st July 2012
For further details please visit the official website: