Air Force Inter Technical Group ‘X’ Sample Paper
Directions (1-4): Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it in the context of the passage.
The Rann of Kutch harbours is unique, and now endangered, native flora and fauna besides considerable agro biodiversity. Wild relatives of a number of indigenous varieties of crops such as cumin and isabgol (its husk is used to make a natural laxative) are found here. It is also the sole habitat of the last surviving population of the endangered Indian wild ass and supports the breeding colonies of the Greater and Lesser Flamingo. The unique saline grassland (called banni) encourages many varieties of salt-tolerant grasses and numerous wild relatives of economically valuable species of shrubs.
1. Laxative is that, which helps us in—
(a) Growing herbs (b) evacuation of the bowels
(c) Growing hybrid variety (d) degenerating fats
2. Which of the following, we do not get in Rann of Kutch?
(a) Zebra (b) Wild Ass (c) cumin’s (d) isbgol
3. Banni encourages—
(a) Salt tolerant grasses (b) different types of shrubs
(c) Both A and B (d) None of these
4. Which of the following is not on the verge of extinction?
(a) Many varieties of isabgol (b) Many varieties of cumin
(c) Wild ass (d) Safari lion
Directions (5-10): Fill in the blanks with the words given below—
5. I am better acquainted with the country …….you are.
(a) But (b) since (c) like (d) than
6. He fled …….he should be killed.
(a) Of (b) but (c) hence (d) lest
7. ………..his children, there were present his nephew and nieces.
(a) Beside (b) besides (c) despite (d) since
8. There is no meaning ………what you say.
(a) In (b) of (c) from (d) that
9. The ship has ……….
(a) Sink (b) sinked (c) sank (d) sunk
10. Mark Waugh scored ………..runs in this series than earlier.
(a) Few (b) much (c) fewer (d) foremost
11. Spot the mis-spelt word—
(a) Castigate (b) reproach (c) overtolerent (d) vague
12. Synonym of ‘Genial’ is –
(a) Morose (b) effective (c) Greedy (d) cheerful
13. Antonym of ‘Elevate’ is –
(a) Lower (b) refined (c) restore (d) damage
14. Change the Narration –
They said, “God save our country!”
(a) They exclaimed with joy that God would save their country
(b) They prayed that God might save their country
(c) They wished that God might saved his country
(d) None of these
15. ‘To bite the dust’ means –
(a) Return to home (b) connected to the base
(c) To be defeated (d) receive applause
16. Change the Voice –
You must write by a letter
(a) You must be written by a letter (b) a letter should be written by you
(c) A letter must be written by you (d) a letter must have been written by you
17. Spot the error which may be in one part of the sentence (a) Or (b) Or (c). If there is no error the answer is (d) i.e. No Error
18. Singular of ‘Criteria’ is ………
19. Plural of ‘Desk’ is ……
20. Give one word for the following expression –
One who talks too much?
Answer these Questions:-