All India Institute of Medical Sciences
AIIMS, The abbreviated form for all India institute of medical sciences was established in 1956 by the then prime minister Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru and it was a vision come true for Rajkumari Amrit Kaur, the first health minister of India .
It is the most prestigious medical college in India with a strong curricular foundation for under-graduate and post-graduate medical education in India. It is located in Ansari Nagar in south Delhi .It has been rated as no. 1 medical college in India by India Today in annual surveys starting in 1997 and has topped the list in 11 out of 12 years of survey conducted by India Today.
AIIMS M.B.B.S. ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Every year AIIMS conducts an all India entrance examination for attending potential candidates in its undergraduate programs.
Total number of seats: – (77)
• Scheduled Caste -11
• Scheduled tribes-5
• Other backward classes-19
• Foreign nationals-5
DURATION OF THE AIIMS M.B.B.S. COURSE
This course is of five and a half years including a compulsory internship of one year after which AIIMS awards a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree.
AIIMS M.B.B.S. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
—For Indian nationals
• Candidate have attained or will attain the age of 17 on 31st December of the year of admission .
• The candidates must have appeared and passed the 12th class under CBSE/ICSE/any equivalent state level board or is appearing for 12th class in the year he /she is appearing in the AIIMS-MBBS entrance examination .
• The candidate should have achieved a minimum of 60 % for General and OBC and 50% for SC/ST in aggregate in ENGLISH ,PHYSICS ,CHEMISTRY & BIOLOGY.
—for foreign nationals
The candidate are not required to appear in this entrance exam. For this they will have to be nominated by Government of India .They are required to achieve a minimum of 50% in their intermediate science or equivalent level examination.
AIIMS M.B.B.S. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
–-for Indian nationals
1. ONLINE PROECDURE- firstly the candidate must register by filling the details step by step which will lead to a challan .This challan must be deposited in the prescribed bank . Then the challan number must be entered which will lead to the main form. This from must be correctly filled and submitted online.
2. OFFLINE PROCEDURE – the application form will be available from AIIMS office .
3. The application from can also be obtained by sending a request and a DD of prescribed amount to AIIMS .
—for foreign nationals
The foreign nationals need not require to fill the application form and must approach the Government of India throw their diplomatic channels and not directly to AIIMS .
STATUS OF ONLINE REGISTRATION/OFFLINE FORMS RECEIVED STATUS
The successful online registration of the candidate will be intimidated to them to their e-mail id. In case of offline application , the status of the forms received will be available on AIIMS website after mid of third week of April. If candidate’s registration number or application number is not available on the website, a letter should immediately be written to the controller of examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110608 along with full particulars/proof of delivery of the offline application in AIIMS.
• Incomplete applications or forms without photographs or signatures will be rejected.
• No submission of any documents should be made.
• If ineligibility is detected, the candidature will be rejected.
• Candidates are requested not to bring any writing material for exam. They will be provided by AIIMS.
• The candidates should report the exam center by 8:30 am.
• The candidates should not bring cell phones pagers or calculator should not be brought for exam.
• No illegal practices should be done, like giving or taking assistance may lead to the rejection of the candidature.
• No candidate will be allowed before three and half hours.