AP Board of Intermediate Education IPE Physics Sample paper
Andhra Pradesh Board of Intermediate Education
Subject : Physics
Time: 3 hours Marks: 60
All questions are necessary
TWO marks is for each questions 10X2=20
very short answer type question
Section – A
- A moving coil galvanometer can measure a current of 10-6A. What is the resistance of the shunt to measure 1A?
- Write two differences between emf and p.D.
- The potential of earth is taken as zero. Explain?
- When is the parallel combination of cells advantageous and why?
- What type of transformer is used in a bed lamp?
- What is the moment of couple acting on a magnet place in a magnetic field becomes (a) Maximum (b) Minimum
- Define modulation? Why is it necessary?
- What is a p-n junction diode? Define depletion layer.
- Draw the circuit’s symbols for n-p-n and p-n-p transistors?
- What is work function? Define threshold frequency? Section – B
- Answers any six question and each questions obtained four marks
- What is rectification? Explain the working of a full wave rectifier?
- Define Moseley’s Law? Write its importance?
- Apply kirchhoff’s laws to wheatstone bridge.
- Define Thomson effect and peltier effect? Define Thomson coefficient, peltier coefficient?
- Write any four application of diffraction?
- Define the capacity of a condenser and explain the principle of a capacitor?
- Describe Ramsdeu’s eye-piece with the help of a meat sketch?
- Derive the wquation for the couple acting on a bar magnetic field and hence define magnetic moment.
Section – C
LONG ANSWER TYPE QUESTION Answer any two questions Each question takes eight marks 2X8=16
- What are ‘Harmonics’ and ‘overtones’? How are they formed in an open pipe? Derive the equations fir the frequencies of the harmonics produced in an open pipe.
- An open pipe and a closed pipe are in resonance with each other with their first overtones. Find the ratio of their lengths.
- What is nuclear Reactor? Explain different parts and uses of reactor? Mention two uses of a Nuclear Reactor? If one microgram of 92U235 is compleely destroyed in an atom bomb, how much energy will be released?
- Obtain an expression for the torque on a current carrying loop in a magnetic field. Describe the construction and working of a moving coil galvanometer. Derive an expression showing the relation between electric current and deflection of the coil.