SCRA Examination Preparation Tips, Sample Papers, Books, Coaching Centers
Q. What is SCRA?
A: Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA) Examination is a way for the students who are pursuing their career through Engineering Entrance Examinations. This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for filling up the vacancies in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways.
Q. What are the reference books, newspapers and magazines for SCRA Examination?
A: List of reference books, newspapers and magazines –
- Arihant SCRA Exam – Dr. Sushi Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Agarwal
- Upkars SCRA Exam – Dr. Lal and Jain
- Chapter wise solution by Oswal
- A Guidebook for SCRA Exam – Dr. Sushil Verma, M K Dikshit, R K Agarwal
- The Pearson Guide to the SCRA Examination – Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
- SCRA Entrance Exam Guide by Dr. R P Datason, Dr. D V Chopra and Dr. V C Garg
- Solved Papers SCRA by G K Publications
- Solved papers for SCRA Exam by Arihant
- UPSC – SCRA Exam Guide by Ramesh Publishing House
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Verbal Ability by R S Agarwal
- Economics Time
- The Statesman
- The Hindu
- Times of India
- Business Today
- Business World
- Competition Success Review
Q. What are the coaching centers for SCRA Exam?
A: List of coaching centers for SCRA Exam –
- Aryan Classes
- Career Launcher
- Quest Education
- Chanakya Academy
Q. How to prepare for SCRA Examination?
A: For Preparation of SCRA Examination one needs to start from very early. Here are the few preparation tips for SCRA Examination –
- A perfect knowledge about the examination and syllabus has to be obtained by the aspirants who are applying for SCRA.
- After gathering information about the exam students need to prepare a proper time table. The time table should reflect equal distribution of time to all the concerned subjects.
- Aspirants must get hold of good study material. Study material should possess previous years question paper. A thorough practice of question paper will fetch confidence among the applicants.
- Time management should be practiced
- Students must solve all the subjects one by one. At the initial stage the level of difficulty should be easy and must increase slowly.
- Practice as much as possible
- Try to build confidence and be positive
- Many coaching centers conduct mock tests. Aspirants can enroll themselves for mock tests. This will help students to know their weak areas and will also enhance their preparation level.
- Revision is the last tip. Try to avoid last minute preparation. Keep faith in yourself and be confident.
Tags: scra, scra 2012, scra sample paper, special class railway apprentices