CBSE 10th Board SA Sample Paper Science
Sample Paper /model test paper
Second summative assessment class x
Subject – Science
1) Who disproved the vital theory?
(a.) Buck Minster fuller (b.) Friedrich wohler (c.) Trembles (d.) Shell
2) To prevent the misuse of alcohol which poisonous substance is added in it?
a. Methanol (b.) Ethanol (c.) Butanol (d.) Ether
3) Which Substance is used as pickles preservative?
(a.) Ether (b.) Acetic acid (c.) Vinegar (d.) Ethanoic acid
4) Carboxylic acids are called. (a.) Inorganic Compound (b.) Organic Compound (c.) Hydrocarbon Compound (d.) Acetic acid
5) In modern periodic table how many columns are vertically arranged?
(a.) 16 (b.) 18 (c.) 14 (d.) 20
6) In what way Mandeleev’s published his periodic table.
(a.) Radio (b.)Television (c.) Magazine (d.) Newspaper
7) In an experiment to determine the focal length of a convex lens, a student got a sharp inverted image of distant tree on the screen behind the lens. He / She then removed the screen and looked through the lens in the direction of object. She / He will see. -
(a.) An inverted image of tree at focus of lens. (b.) No Image as the screen has been removed (c.) A blurred image on the wall of laboratory (d.) An erect image of the tree on the tree on the lens
8) For doing experiment on verifying the Causes of reflection of sound. A student sets up his apparatus as shown. The experiment is more same is get preformed successfully if the screen shown is a.
(a.) Well polished plane mirror (b.) Wooden board with many holes in it (c.) A foam padded board (d.) A sheet of pure white cloth
9) The focal length of a concave mirror depends on it.
(a.) Size (b.) Radius of curvature (c.) Pole (d.) Center of curvature 10)
The diameter of the reflecting surface of spherical mirror is called.
(a.) Focal length (b.) Radius of curvature (c.) Aperture (d.) Principal focus 11)
To form complete image of the object height of the mirror is.
(a.) Double (b.) Half (c.) One - Fourth (d.) Same size as object
12) The magnification of plane mirror is
(a.) -1 (b.) +1 (c.) 0 (d.) Infinitive
13) Which of the following reproduce by binary fusion. (a.) Amoeba (b.) Paramecium (c.) Euglena (d.) All of these
14) Which one is male gamete (a.) Stamen (b.) Carpel (c.) Petal (d.) Sepal
15) Which are uni sexual flowers
(a) Hibiscus (b) Mustard (c) Lotus (d) Jasmine
16) Which of the following method of contraception protects from acquiring sexually transmitted diseases
(a) Oral pills (b) Condom (c) Copper-T (d) Surgery
17) For his experiments on heredity, Mendal used
(a) Papaya plants (b) Potato plants (c) Pea plants (d) Pear plants 18)
Who gave the ten percent law?
(a) Mendel (b) Darwin (c) Kindemann (d) Stanley L. miller
19) The Bishnoi community of Rajasthan is associated with the conservation of
(a) Coal and petroleum (b) Forest and wildlife (c) Water resources (d) Abiotic environment
20) Amrita Devi Bishnoi National Award is given for ……conservation
- Define catenation?
- What is the structure of diamond and graphite?
- Write the name of organic compound made in laboratory. When it was made and by whom?
- From which inorganic compound organic compound is formed also write their formulae.
- Write the cause by which carbon atoms always form covalent bond?
- Name two elements which shows catenation but they are unstable?
- Why kitone group can never occur at the end of carbon chain?
- Why do substances burn with flame? Name their types?
- Why mixture of acetylene and air is not used for welding?
10. People use a variety of methods to wash cloths. Usually after adding the shop, they beat the cloths on a stone or beat it with a paddle, scrub with a brush or mixture is agitated in a washing machine. Why is agitation necessary to get clean clothes?
11. Besides gallium, which other elements have since been discovered that were left by Mendeleev in his periodic table?
12. Explained why stars twinkle but why plants do not twinkle?
13. Why do we have two eyes for vision and not just one?
14. When and by whom dispersion of light experimentally discovered?
15. What is rainbow and how it is formed?
16. Why danger signal lights red in colour?
17. Define and give their lens to correct- (a) Myopia (b) Hypermetropia (c) Presbyopia
18. What is linear magnification?
19. Allosomes (Define)
20. Differentiate between homologous and analogous organs with an example.
21. Explain how sex is determined in human beings?
22. Who is responsible for the sex of the child and why?
23. What is the full form of— STD- AIDS- HIV- IUCD- UNEP-
24. What is ozone and how it is formed?
25. What is silviculture and write its advantages?
26. What is the importance of variation?
Sample Paper /model test paper
Tags: cbse 10th model test paper, cbse 10th sample paper