1. IAS (Indian Administrative service)- Indian administrative service or Civil service is the best job and the epitome of the pyramid in the hierarchy of Jobs in India. They are the best and chosen one with power , prestige and bungalow.
2. IPS (Indian Police Service) – IPS comes second in the list. although a challenging and hectic job but give kicks to many who are looking to find the arrogance of power mixed in their job.
3. IRS ( Indian revenue service ) – Lesser political hassle and posting in better locations are the advantage of this kind of job.
4. Indian forest service – Indian forest service is the coolest job with All India service tag attached to it.
5. State public service commission – PSC gives an opportunity to work in your home state in an administrative position. although below IAS and IPS , they generally rise up in cadre to reach at a position reserved for IAS and IPS officers.
6. Indian engineering service in Indian railways – Indian railway engineers also get ultra facility and power with a responsibility of heading 1000 people when one joins as new entrant.
7. NDA / CDS -Defence officer jobs are most coveted and classy jobs with prestige , class, money and better life style.
8. Lecturer – This is a job with much respect and least work. Sixth pay commission have also raised very high salaries for govt. college lecturers.
9. PSU Jobs – PSU jobs have advantage of great pay scale , living in the customized colony with same work culture people and mostly corruption free environment.
10. Bank Probationary officer – Bank PO is also a respectable job in Govt. sector with a lot of people interaction and a classy culture different from regular looking govt. offices.